Close Calls

Claire:

"No Ana I don't." I pick at my food in hopes that she'll change the subject, but nope apparently that's to much to ask for.

"Oh come on, Claire. I'm pretty sure that if you somehow don't have a boyfriend you're probably digging some guy." I drop my fork and sigh. I haven't known Ana long enough to confine in her what happened to me almost three years ago, but I know she'd drop the subject if I told her.

I look up to protest but she beats me to it. "Don't try lying to me cause I have a sixth sense for these type of things." I know she's just joking around, but honestly with what's going on in this world I wouldn't doubt it if she actually does.

"The answer is still no." I reply in an almost monotone voice just as her pager goes off. Oh thank Destiel, I mentally sigh in relief.

"Don't think we're done here." She says picking up her stuff. I grin and wave as she looks at me irritated that she doesn't have anymore time to pepper me with questions.

She leaves and I quickly unlock my phone. I've been trying to drop hints here and there to tell the boys who the alpha is. And as long as Peter doesn't find out then I'm in the clear.

'Stiles are you tracing those messages.'

'I was thinking of doing that today'

Moments like these make me really appreciate Stiles brain...even if it's often filled with sarcastic remarks for every little thing someone says, or really plain out stupid ideas that somehow almost always end with either him or Scott in trouble---but ya besides that.

'sounds good'

'okay but you'd think that with your brains you'd have done it yourself '

' -_- just hurry and stop being a little pooper.'

' alright potty mouth I'll get to it afterschool.'  

I roll my eyes. I do say bad words, I mean, assbutt for example. Although that's the worst I have and will ever say.

▪▪

I had just finished with a patient when my phone started to have a fit in my pocket. Wedging the phone in between my cheek and shoulder I continue writing.

'Hello.'

'Hey, hi Claire we found out who sent the messages well rather where then who and your not going to believe it.'

'Well I already don't know how I believe a human being can talk that fast. So shoot.' I respond walking into an empty hall.

'It came from your mom's computer at the hospital.' I grip onto my clipboard tighter, unfortunately I can't tell him I already know who it is and right now I'm seriously regretting my decision.

'Claire? You still there?'

'Ya I'll meet you in the front.' I quickly glance around afraid that someone will hear my conversation.

'Okay I'm in the parking lot I'll wait out here.' He hangs up and I proceed to walking at a speed that won't make me look like an idiot but still shows that I'm in a hurry.

Stepping outside of the hospital I instantly wrap my work coat tighter around me. Why do I live in a place where the wind is so freezing it hurts my face?

Glancing around the parking lot I finally catch sight of the blue jeep and a hand frantically waving me over. Muttering a couple of choice words under my breath I walk over to the driver's window.

"Hey how's it going Sterek." I greet, once the window is rolled all the way down.

They both look at each other confused before looking back at me. "Claire who the hell are you talking to?" Derek questions, making me bite down on my tongue to hold back my laughter.