Chapter Four - Training

Start from the beginning

"Oh! Before we go, I want you to meet someone. Well, actually a few people. Come on!" Once again, she grabbed his hand, and once again, he felt those stupid tingles that he was continuously trying to push to the back of his mind.

They ran down the sidewalk, and reached one of the apartment buildings. A person was up there, replacing one of the windows. They had a harness on their body, and it looked to be attached to the top of the building. They had on a blue junsuit, and a baseball cap that covered their head from the sun.

"Hannah!" Eve yelled, cupping her hands around her mouth for emphasis. "Come down, I want you to meet somebody!"

"One sec!" The person, who Murphy assumed was a girl, called up to the workers on the top of the roof, telling them to put the bungy down a little farther. Once they had, she unclipped her harness and dropped about two feet to the ground. She took over the baseball cap, letting a long blond braid fall all the way down to her back. She yelled up to the workers on the roof. "Ten minute break, boys!"

She walked over to Eve, smiling at her. "I haven't seen you in a while." She unzipped the jumpsuit from the front, hopping out of it. She wore a dark green tank top and had two leather black gloves with cargo pants and black boots.

"Well, I've been busy... Welcoming Murphy." She gestured to him, and he smiled softly at the girl.

"This is the astro?"

"Astro?" Eve laughed, crossing her arms over her chest. "Is that really the best they could come up with?"

"Huh?" Murphy was totally confused, and Hannah laughed.

"We're big on giving nicknames. I guess everyone decided that since you were space, then you were an astronaut, thus how they got astro." Eve and Hannah looked at each other with the same look on their faces. "Idiots." They said in perfect synch, causing them both to burst out laughing.

"Well alright then..." Murphy chuckled.

Hannah smiled, before walking into the building. "By the way, Jay wanted me to tell you that he finished with your bow. He said that the only problem was the draw string."

"Really? Does that mean I can go get it soon?"

Hannah giggled. "Yes, it does. Today, if you want."

"You use a bow?" Murphy asked, surprised. She didn't seem like the type that liked weapons.

"Yes. I'm good with guns and throwing knives too."

"Throwing knives, huh? I know a few tricks, maybe I could teach you." He smirked at her.

She rolled her eyes, and Hannah burst out laughing. "Oh believe me, she doesn't need help."

"Sounds like you're pretty good with weapons. I'd love to see you in action." He smirked.

"Well then, let's go! We'll meet up with James later!" Hannah grinned, bolting out of the building. Then, she froze. "Wait! I forgot to tell you, we found your knife." She turned around, looking at Murphy.

"What- Oh... That knife." He sighed.

"Don't you want it back?" Eve asked, confusion evident on her face.

"Well... Yeah, I guess. But I just don't know if it's worth it to have it anymore."

"To my father it is. He makes us all have weapons. The youngest person he has ever taught to use a weapon was a nine year old. I wish that he hadn't, though, it didn't turn out well. He nearly beat them to death."

"Why?"

Eve turned to look at him, frowning. Then, he remembered.

"The pact... Right." He nodded. Wait, how did that involve Eve? He ignored it, deciding that for his own safety, keeping the pact would be a good thing.