Not what was expected chapter 5

Start from the beginning

I walked to my wardrobe and flung open the doors. Riffling through everything I couldn’t find my football shorts anywhere, what is this madness? I settled with a plain blue top and some work out shorts I found in the bottom of my closest. Throwing my boots into my backpack with a bottle of water I meandered back over to Henery’s house.

                I knocked on the door and waited paitently. Eventually it was opened by Henery’s mother. “Hello Molly, is Henery just about ready?”

“Yes, dear. He’ll be down in just a moment.”

“Okay thank you,” I replied a smile on my face. I couldn’t wait to get back on the field even if it was with a bunch of cocky stuck up boys. Maybe I could teach them a thing or two.

~“~

                Pulling up at the park I jumped out of the cab, and slinging my bag over my shoulder I noticed the guys all standing around surrounding a pick up.

                “Hey, guys. I hope it’s all good I brought Cammie with me,” said Henery as he did the ‘man’ handshake with the boys.

“Yeah sure, as long as she doesn’t try and interfere and stays on the side line like a good little girl.”

“Good little girl my ass. So how is this gonna go down?”

“Well firstly we have to get Jack’s truck up and running or take it in ‘cause we have a rugby match he has to be at on Saturday.”

“Oh, a 1997 Nissan Pulsar, this should be easy... Mind if I take a look?”

“What did you just say?” asked a guy with longish shaggy brown hair.

“You heard me, or are you afraid I’m actually going to figure out what’s wrong with it?” I looked down at his hands and saw some grease on them. “Unlike you.”

“You won’t be able to find what’s wrong. Scott’s the best mechanic at our school,” said Alex.

“Oh really? Well then you won’t mind some little girl having a look at this manly machine then will you Scott?” I looked at him waiting for a reply, seeing a look of shock and awe I just started walking towards the car. “Pop the hood would you someone?” Henery walked over to the driver’s side with a smirk on his face and popped the hood for me.          “What was the car doing before you pulled up?”

“Um... what?”

“Any weird sounds or anything?”

“Yeah. There was some hissing kind of sound coming from the front of the car. I just assumed it was the radiator or something.”

“Cool, give me a moment.” The guys all snickered at me as I bent down under the hood and took a look. Fifteen minutes later I walked back to where the guys were laughing at me. Well Mr. Magnificent Scott, you seemed to miss quite a few tell tale signs there but that’s not important... Jack you have a funny gasket, you either need it tightened or replaced, but I can’t tell you much more without my tools sorry. Don’t worry though, it won’t be that expensive, oh and you might wanna turn off your inside light.” The guys all looked at me like I was an alien. “Okay, boys. It’s really not that amazing, now shut your mouths, stop drooling, and let’s play some football!” I yelled. With that the guys all let out woops, and calls of joy running towards the field. Scott though stayed behind, “Yes?”

“Why don’t you take shop? You would be legend in there.”

“Maybe because if I did, guys like you wouldn’t be able to do their work properly, or should I say be worse at it?”