Chapter 15 - Careful

Start from the beginning

"Right, Prodigy?" Ray Ray questions and laughs. 

"I'm sorry, repeat that." I say unaware of a question. 

"Ohh, somebody sleepin on the interview. Something on your mind?" He jokes, keeping the mood alive. I look at Monty and he stares at me puzzled, Emil as well.  

"Nah, is it okay if I address an issue that I didn't even know was an issue?" I ask unable to hold back. I lick my lips and lean forward into the mic. 

Janet is still behind me and I can almost feel her tense up just from the heat her body is suddenly giving off. 

"Uhm, yea man. What's up?" Ray Ray asks. 

"I just wanted to make sure everyone knows that Chanel does not have a drug problem. I don't know where the rumors started or how far they've gone but I'm just putting that out there." I say firmly. I can feel Janet is furious behind me and I can feel the rest of my team's eyes burning into my head. But I didn't care. 

Ray Ray goes with it. 

"Thank you for clearing that up. The media thought she was possibly taking on more of the Hollywood life than she could handle. I'm sure you've already seen the photos of her drastic weight loss." Ray Ray continues. 

I laugh and shake my head, I didn't know they had photos of her in the last few weeks. Of course she looked like she was on drugs, her hair a mess, her weight lower than usual, her eyes bugged out from lack of sleep. I knew what the pictures looked like without even seeing them. God forbid some sick photographer photo-shopped the pictures to make them look a little bit more drastic. 

"Nah, people go through hard times. This can be considered a hard time. I mean..." I shrug, watching my words careful. Janet taps me on my shoulder but I don't turn around and look back at her so she walks out of the room, unable to do her job effectively. 

"I just released a whole project about her and it's all fun and drama to y'all but it's our lives at the end of the day." I admit. 

"So you're saying Chanel is in this condition because of you?" He questions. 

I shake my head, completely disagreeing. Chanel dug her own grave after cheating on me but I would never say that on air. 

"I'm saying everyone deals with things differently and her way of dealing with it - contrary to popular belief - was not drugs. She's actually gained a lot of the weight back, she's as beautiful as always. And y'all gon start thinking twice before coming for my baby like that." I say a little more protective than I wanted. 

Ray Ray of course hypes it up. "Wow so you guys are officially together and in the limelight? Love how you're standing up for her." 

"Yea, we're together. I'll  give y'all that." I shrug.  

"A lot of the fans thought that the records would actually push her farther away from you, there were some gritty stuff in there, some mean lyrics." Ray probes.