12

The next morning, the two found themselves still lying on top of the roof. Seven was sprawled over Zen, who woke up first.

The sun seemed to just have risen, pinks and oranges still present in the sky. Zen blinked and rubbed his eyes, letting out a yawn. His clothes were all wrinkled, and his hair was a mess. His hair stuck up in several directions, making his hair look somewhat like a lion's mane. For a moment, he wondered why he was on the roof, but then he realized Seven was still on top of him. "Oh." He said, running a hand through the sleeping Seven's hair. Zen smiled at him. "God," he said quietly, "How am I so lucky?" Seven had wrapped his arms around Zen in his sleep, which would only make it more difficult for Zen to get off the roof.

Zen sighed. He looked to his right, where his jacket and a good majority of Seven's clothes lied in a pile, haphazardly thrown there through the night. Why the roof? He wondered if anyone saw him, or more likely heard them. If anyone was up right now, they could easily just look up and see Zen sitting there, on the roof, with a nearly naked man in his lap. That would be fun. Zen tried to pry Seven's hands off of him, but he had a surprisingly strong grip, even in his sleep. Zen struggled for a while before finally pulling Seven's hands off of him.

It was a weekday. Zen had work today. Beginning to panic, Zen picked Seven up and tried to bring him back into the house. The way back into the house was by ladder, so Zen tried his best to go down without waking Seven up. Seven didn't wake up, but Zen accidentally knocked him into a wall a few times.

He set Seven on his bed, tucking him in, and got ready to go to work. Zen's clothes were wrinkled, and he had already put his previous ones to wash, so he ended up stealing some clothes from Seven's closet. This kind of a bad idea, because Seven was significantly shorter than him. The pants Zen took had pant legs that stopped about above his ankles, and the shirt was barely long enough for him to tuck in. He looked around for a jacket, trying to find something that would match, but keep him warm in the windy weather. Unfortunately, he didn't find anything other than Seven's signature black and yellow jacket.

He sighed and put it on reluctantly, knowing that if he didn't wear a sweater he'd probably freeze. It smelled like Seven, which just smelled a little like a wet dog, but also kind of warm. Either way, it was kind of comforting. He thought a little bit about how when he and Seven start dating, they could freely wear each otherwise clothes. Thinking about Seven wearing his clothing made him sweat a little, so he stuck his hands in the pockets of the jacket. Chip crumbs littered the pockets, which kind of made Zen want to throw up. He tried to invert the pocket to dump them out, but they stayed latched onto the fabric of the pocket. The sleeves on the jacket were kind of short for Zen's arms, but at least it would keep him warm and remind him of Seven at work.

He combed his hair, taming it to at least look presentable. He considered wearing a hat, but Seven didn't seem to own a baseball cap. Only sun hats and a weird fedora? Zen decided to skip breakfast in order to make up lost time.

Meanwhile, Seven rustled around in his bed, barely waking up. He woke up, but waking up as in being conscious of his surroundings, but still kind of half asleep. He opened his eyes a little to find himself in his bed. He wondered why he was there, and not on the roof like he remembered. Maybe he dreamed all of it? Did he dream about confessing his love to Zen and making out with him on the roof? He considered it, and yeah, that seemed likely of him to dream. Seven closed his eyes again, probably trying to somehow relive the dream.

Before leaving, Zen walked back into the bedroom and pressed his lips against Seven's forehead. "See you later, babe." He said, smiling and kind of caressing Seven's cheek.

Seven squinted, just feeling Zen kiss him on the forehead. Did that actually happen or was this another dream? Was Zen rubbing his cheek right now?

"Oh. You're awake?" Zen said. He ruffled Seven's hair. Seven's eyes tried to focus, and he noticed Zen was wearing his jacket. He became more confused. "Are you real?" Seven blurted out suddenly.

"Um..Last time I checked?" Zen said, pretending to think about it for humorous effect. "What did we do last night?" Seven asked, his morning voice creaking as he spoke.

"Well...we frolicked around in your room just saying 'i love you' for a while. Then we stargazed on your roof. Then.." Zen said, "We kind of just heavily made out for a while."

Seven raised an eyebrow. So it wasn't a dream. He pulled down his sheets and inspected his stomach, which was covered in hickeys from his neck to his pelvic bones.

"Oh." Zen chuckled, "Sorry I left so many marks."

Zen looked at the digital clock on Seven's bedside table, face dropping. "Hey, I have to go to work now. I love you." He said, rushing out the door.

Seven waved, still partially looking at all of the places his skin was discolored.

"I love you..." Seven repeated the phrase, even though Zen had already left. He plopped his head back down on his pillow. If he loved Zen...and Zen loved him...bad things were going to happen.

How did he let this happen?

Now in the comfort of being alone, Seven began to speak to himself, trying to find a way to maybe break the relationship off, or at least do something about it.

"If I date Zen," Seven snickered at his own words. "That's so weird... Me? Dating Zen?"

He thought about it more, "If I date him, I'm only going to put him in danger. Who knows how long until my old company will come to kill me or something?" Seven pressed his lips into a line.

"Maybe I'll just tell him I don't love him anymore?" Seven winced at his own idea. He was the one who confessed anyways.

"It was just a prank?" Seven tried to think of some more options, "Hmm. Well if it was a prank that'd be pretty...messed up?"

He tapped his chin. How could he break things off before Zen got hurt? Seven could die any day; he had too much information. Zen was too persistent to forget about it or give up, and just straight up breaking up with him before they were even dating seemed...wrong?

"I guess I'll just enjoy it while it lasts?"
Seven concluded.

He didn't really convince himself that this was the right choice, but it's not like any other choices were appealing either.