Chapter 17:

"Oh. My. God." I breathed. Last night, I burned out map into the ground so we could see it better. Now, it's split in half with a staircase leading down. I ran to wake up Tim.

"TIM!" I yelled as I ran into his tent. I guess I scared him because he rolled over, and fell out of his bed. I just started laughing my head off. I eventually ended up on the floor.

"T-Tim. That Tha-That was PRICELESS!" I said in between laughs. I don't think I've ever laughed this hard in my life.

"That wasn't funny..." He mumbled as he went to get dressed. I walked out of the tent and stared at the hole. I couldn't help think it was a trap. But there was nothing out here for miles. Then, I heard it. A voice. 

"Aloha." How could someone know Hawaiian out in the middle of nowhere?

"Aloha. ʻo wai ʻoe?" I asked.

"HaHa, ʻO kahi ho aloha kahiko." It replied. What old friend? I don't know anybody who speaks Hawaiian. Except... No. It couldn't be.

"Avery?" I asked. But I knew it couldn't be her. She died in a car accident when we were young. Unless... No. That pit surely doesn't go all the way to the underworld. Does it? But I'm not going to find out. I was panicking. 

"ʻAʻole. ʻAʻole wau heʻelemakule kahiko. ʻO wau wau i ka MAKEMAKE maikaʻi loa iāʻoe!" It screamed as a shadow came hurling towards me. I screamed very loud. As soon as it hit me, I was shot into the air, surrounded by black shadows. Then, I felt a huge gust of wind. I thought I was a gonner. But this wind felt warm and gentle. Not cold and deadly. Then I started falling. But I started slowing down and time was stopping. I looked down and saw Tim, with his red, wavy hair fighting a man if shawdows. It was going to be an impossible match Tim was going to die.

"NO! TIM!" I yelled. He looked up at me with pleading eyes. Just like that, I froze. Into ice. Tim was getting beat, bad. The shadow dude kept trying to come for me, but Tim kept pulling him back. I had it. I used all my might and summoned a huge explosion. The sky was so bright, I don't think I'll be able to see.

Ugh. I groaned and got up from the ground. The shadow guy was gone, the hole was gone. And Tim- wait where's Tim?! I shot up and ran around. Just then, I saw him. Lying on the ground.

"Tim!" I yelled running over to him. He had multiple cuts on his face and arms.

"Oh my god." I sighed. 

"Jenna, leave," Tim said. What? Why would he think I would do that?

"No. Let me help you-"

"Jenna. That guy is after you. You need to go. I can't walk, nor run." He said as he pointed tohis legs. His right leg had a huge gash on it. I still wasn't going to leave him.

"No. I'm not going anywhere," I stated as I grabbed my pack and started to get out bandages. I proped his leg up on a rock and started to wrap it. Oh god. What if this doesn't work?!  Tim started coughing, his face was very pale.  I sat his head on my lap and gave him some water. He lifted up his arms to get a better grip on the bottle.

"J-Jenna?" Tim said.

"Yes?" I croaked. It pained me to see him like this. His Rusty eyes, boring in my eyes. Oh, thoses eyes were beautiful. I couldn't hold it anymore. I really liked Tim. But, I knew he would never like me back. Besides, he likes Piper.

"I need to tell you something," Tim said.

"O-Ok-" I started, but before I could finish my sentence, he took my face and kissed me. Of course, I kissed back,  but it was powerful. It was full of sorrow and Gratitude.

"Thank you, Jenna, for everything you've done for me. Being my friend, and, spending the last few days with you, made ne relize my true feelings for you." Tim confessed.

"Uh, wow Tim," I replied. I feel like I need to say something meaningful now. But I couldn't keep it in. I bent over Tim and cried in his chest.

"D-don't leave me... Please..." I sobbed.

"Jenna, it was an Honor dying to save you. We might not be so high up in the friend group, but you were the best friend I could ever, ever have." He finished and pushed me back down for a long, meaningful kiss.

"Goodbye, Jenna. Tell everyone else, that I said goodbye-" He stopped with his hand in my hair. It dropped next to him, lifeless.

"No... NO!" I yelled at him. But it couldn't and wouldn't help anything. I just kept sobbing over his dead body.

"Goodbye, Tim..."

A/N

Hey guys!

Sorry for such a depressing chapter, but I needed to add a twist. But anyway, I know it might not be as meaningful because it's still at the beginning of the story, but I tried my best!

Hope you enjoyed! (Maybe, don't worry, I cried while writing this...)

~lifeismusic077

Editied: November 24, 2018