Chapter One Hundred and Twenty "Feng Seeks Huang"

Start from the beginning

Seeing that san ge was totally drunk, He Ming could only support him back to the houyuan. The bride's veil hadn't been taken off, the cups of wine hadn't been exchanged. If the groom was so drunk that he was unconscious, then it was too unsightly.

He Qi didn't stop He Ming. In waning interest, he watched as He Ming supported the other away and turned to leave Rui Jun Wang Fu. Looking at the thick layer of snow on the streets outside, he exhaled and said to his attendant behind him: "So uninteresting, let's return."

He and lao san had fought for some many years but in the end, the throne hadn't landed on either of their heads. Thinking about it this way, it was very ironic.

He Yuan supported himself using the door and staggered over to the wedding bed. Looking at the woman with a veil of dragon and phoenix entwined, he took over the stick and took off the veil. His eyes changed and he muttered: "Such beautiful brows."

That year on the jade steps under the fireworks, that crimson-clad woman had been also so bright, brows like the sun, bright that one couldn't resist looking just a few more times.

Taking out the wine cups, his drunken eyes were smiling. The arms of the two crossed and his voice was hoarse yet full of satisfied mirth: "Then let us be together for a hundred years and not separate even when our hair turns white."

Lu Yu Rong looked at the handsome man smiling at her and her heart jumped. Her cheeks became flushed. She took the wine cup the other handed over and as he watched gently, she drained the wine cup.

He Yuan reached to push her into his arms, his smile touched yet tender: "So good, so good."

Her hand trembled slightly but in the end she slowly embraced this man. The snowy night was long yet short, but for her, it was better than imagined.

The red candles of Rui Jun Wang Fu burned for the entire night, just like it was burning a beautiful dream, beautiful yet illusory.

In Tian Qi Palace, Qu Qing Ju was laying in He Heng's arms when she suddenly woke up from her dreams. Outside the window, weak light lit up the window silk. Listening to the sound of snow outside, she felt incomparably tranquil, her bed incomparably warm.

"Go to sleep," The voice of the man beside her was fuzzy as though he hadn't woken from his dreams. But his arms familiarly pulled her back in, as though he had done it countless times, practiced and matter-of-fact.

Qu Qing Ju smiled, placing her head on the man's chest and slowly closed her eyes.

The second year of Jia You, the Eldest Imperial Son was named by the Emperor as "Yao". "Shi Ming - Explaining Heaven" had "Bright, shining, light illuminating". The "Shijing - Style of Kuai" also said "The sunrise is bright."

Just this name, it was enough to show the expectations of the Emperor to His Highness the Eldest Imperial Son. In this world, was there anything more important than light?

And then the Empress moved out of the rear hall of Tian Qi Palace and moved to Kui Yuan Palace. Some became to speculate, was the Emperor finally going to move his eyes onto the other women in the hougong?

But who knew that the Emperor would eat and sleep in Kui Yuan Palace? No other woman in the hougong was favored. The love between Emperor and Empress became even deeper, almost becoming a legend of Da Long about the love between Emperor and Empress. But right now, the idea wasn't still there. Who knew just how long this deep love of the Emperor would continue?

Right now, the two Empress Dowagers in the hougong didn't express an opinion. Certain senior officials wanted to express their opinions but didn't dare to provoke the Emperor's anger. So the Emperor only favoring the Empress, no one wanted to say anything. Perhaps the people of the entire world wanted to see how long it would take for this good play of the love between Emperor and Empress to end.

No matter how beautiful a play was, it would always have an ending. They really didn't believe that there was an Emperor that was faithful to his love in the world. The Emperor and Empress who had a love stronger than gold in the previous dynasty, didn't their ending turn out terribly?

On the tallest stargazing tower in the palace, Qu Qing Ju looked at the clear blue sky and reached up to block the blinding sunlight. She suddenly asked: "Mu Jin, what do you think that cloud would change into?"

Mu Jin tilted her head up to look at the white cloud. Before she could respond, she saw the Emperor at the bottom stairs below the two. At a glance, she knew he was coming to find the Empress: "Niangniang, the Emperor has come."

Qu Qing Ju lowered her head. Watching the man that was hurriedly climbing up the stargazing tower, a smile appeared on her face.

Mu Jin looked again at the beautiful pale cloud and thought carelessly, the clouds originally were things that changed constantly. Who knew what it would change into? But that bright sun. It would rise each day, and set down like normal.

He Heng came up the tower. Looking at the woman dressed in a crimson phoenix robe in the sunlight, he suddenly thought of a poem called "Feng Seeks Huang."

"I saw a beautiful woman, after seeing her, it's unforgettable. If I don't see her each day, the thoughts become crazy. I'm like that feng bird flying high up in the sky, trying to find the huang bird in the world... ..."

"I hope my conduct is matching to yours, so we can hold hands together. If the marriage is not allowed, it's a death sentence for me... ..."

The smile of a beauty is unforgettable in this lifetime, a downfall in this lifetime.

耀: bright, glorious

释名 -释天: Shiming is an ancient Chinese Dictionary. Explaining Heaven is the very first chapter.

诗经桧风: Shijin is an ancient collection of poetry. Kuai style is one of the fifteen types of poetry describe in the Airs of the States.