Chapter Twenty Five "Women"

Start from the beginning

The loving affection that was being boasted off directly hit Wei Qing E's wound but the smile on her face grew warmer: "This is nothing, you'll slowly learn." At this time in a new marriage, it was naturally sweet like honey. But as the days pass and new people come, let's see if you can still say our wang ye, "When I first married, they laughed at me too. Now that you mentioned it, I'm now thinking about the past."

The three mutually looked at each other and laughed. They slowly walked towards the Pavilion Overlooking Plums in the middle of the plum forest.

Behind them, the crowd of noblewomen and official's wives followed with smiles on their faces but their hearts were tense. It looked as though all three of the wang fei weren't gullible. Especially tense was Luo shi, who was also in the crowd. As Qu Qing Ju's aunt, she was worried that her niece would accidentally fall into the word traps of the other two wang fei.

The Pavilion Overlooking Plums was a two-level pavilion built specifically for admiring plum blossoms in the winter. The womenfolk sat inside the pavilion to look at the plum trees. They were free from the cold of the wind and snow and could partake in refreshments. The height to look at the scenery was especially good.

Qu Qing Ju loosened her cloak and revealed a head full of hair that had been hidden. Under Mu Jin's service, she exchanged the cloak for a silver fox skin cape. She waited for Wei Qing E to sit before sitting down herself at the table under the guidance of Qin Bai Lu. Because there were charcoal pans in the corner of the room, even the wind that blew in didn't cause her to feel cold.

Qu Qing Ju had just been poured a cup of hot tea when she heard Wei Qing E ask, "Isn't this a very good Long Jing?" She followed the sound and saw the other take a sip of tea.

"As expected from da sao," Qing Bai Lu smiled and informed, "This is Xi Hu Long Jing. The Emperor bestowed down from part of the Imperial Tribute. It is too much of a waste to drink this on a daily basis but to use this tea to treat everybody, it is most fitting."

"Rui wang fei's tea is so good that even us common people find it delicious, " The Marquess of Bao Rong interjected, "Chenfu is taking advantage of wang fei's good fortune, to be able to taste such deliciousness."

Everybody knew that Bao Rong Hou Fu was close to Rui Wang Fu. Seeing the Marquess of Bao Rong's ingratiating manner, it was sweet enough to make their teeth ache. The people who were able to come admire the plum blossoms were not of insignificant status and most were very careful when speaking. There really weren't many who were as straightforward as the marquess.

"Bao Rong Hou furen is too complimentary." Qin Bai Lu didn't like the over-keen flattery of the Marquess of Bao Rong but knowing that the Marquis of Bao Rong was one of wang ye's people, she kept a smile on her face as she gazed at the crowd, "The greatest accomplishment it will ever achieve is that everybody enjoys drinking it."

Each year, not even ten catties of the Imperial Tribute Long Jing were produced. The fact that Rui Wang Fu could serve it to guests, it could be seen just how much the Emperor had bestowed. This was also what Qin Bai Lu wanted everybody present to know. Otherwise, any tea would do. Why did she have to specifically use the Long Jing tea from the Imperial Tribute?

Was it to let everybody feel that the one the Emperor held most important was He Yuan and turn to support He Yuan to succeed the throne? Qu Qing Ju blew on the tea leaves floating on the surface, a smile appearing on her face. Nobody who sat here was stupid. If they really changed sides because of this bit of tea, they wouldn't have made it to this place in the first place.

"San dimei is so generous," Wei Qing E took another sip, "to be willing to let everybody have a taste of the tea that fuhuang has bestowed. Da sao here will give her thanks."