Help Me | 14

Mateo

Tay brought me back to his house where we started making beats in his room.

"Ooou that sound lit!" He hyped me up.

"Should we sell it?" I asked.

"Nah whatchu' mean that's mine bro. Ain't nobody putting they dusty voice on this beat." He said.

I laughed. "So make another one?"

He nodded and I got straight to work.

After a few minutes of silence, I asked him:

"Do you have a girlfriend?"

He looked annoyed with the question. More like...disturbed.

"Yeah but...I'd rather not talk about her. Well, we're not together anymore."

"O-Oh I'm sorry for asking you look...kind of annoyed-"

"No! I'm not annoyed with you it's just...I don't like mentioning her. It's a long story."

I nodded. "I get it. I'm still sorry for asking."

"It's cool, you didn't know. Anyway, there's this party I wanna go to, with my friends...you wanna come?"

I shuttered. I really didn't wanna go. I mean, with all the noticeable scars and marks on my body...and I'm not so much of a social person.

"I dunno..."

"Come on bro! It'll be fun, you don't wanna go back to Darquilius?" He said.

I started to laugh. "Who the hell is that?"

"The guy you live with...Darquilius?"

I held my stomach,laughing. "His name is Dre."

"Same thing. Anyways, you gone come? It's in an hour."

"I'm gonna have to go get some clothes."

"Wear mines."

I thought about it. "But you're bigger than me."

"Fine, we could just go out and buy something real quick." He shrugged.

"Nah you don't have to buy nothing for me-"

"No, Mateo, I'll buy it."

•Bloop•

After getting the clothes, we were finally ready to leave.

"Tay...I'm kinda scared." I said, tapping him.

"Why? Whatchu' mean?"

"What if your friends don't like me? What if Dre starts looking for me? What if-"

He pulled me into a quick hug, which I eased into, hugging him back. "They'll like you. If they don't, I'll just glock them in the eye."

I laughed and he pulled away. I kinda wanted him to hug me more.

His phone started ringing. "Wussup...yeah bro I'm ready, plus I'm bringing a friend...Nah he lit bro you ain't gotta worry...he's just a lil quiet...aight bet."

He hung up and I started feeling nervous. "What wrong? Did they ask about me? I've never been to a party. Do they hate me already? I knew I was a mistak-"

"Chill aight? Let's go. They outside right now."

Tay led me outside to a limo, full of people. Ok, I'm extra, maybe like 5 people, 7 including me and Taymor.

"Y'all, this Mateo. Mateo, these are my friends: Layla, Trey, Reina, Kamir, and JonJon."

I looked up shyly. "H-Hi..."

"Tay You sure he's allowed to come? Like, did you ask his parents?" Kamir asked.

"Whatchu mean?! This dude is like 21 I think." Tay said.

"Stop lying! Forreal?! I thought he was like 15!" Layla said.

I chuckled a little, but kept my head down.

"Aye bro, we some nice people aight? We not mean." Trey tapped me.

I looked up and everyone gave me a little smile.

I kinda smiled back. Then the limousine started to drive.

•••

This was meant to be longer but then I'm like: I can't bother.

Sooooooooooooorjrirnfbdje yup.