Happy Halloween

Even though Halloween is something you don't actually care about, you and Benedict agreed to spend the weekend with Tom at his parents' cabin. Martin and Amanda joined in too and you all traveled together yesterday. The cabin lies in the middle of a forest with no visible neighbors.

It's now Saturday morning, which means pumpkins, costumes, horror movies and tricks or treats.

Benedict lies behind you with his hand under his head, facing your back. He's still sleeping, while you slowly begin to wake up. It's already light inside the room, meaning it's already noon. While stretching out your legs, you open your eyes a little when something immediately gets your attention. Blinking, you rub your eyes before opening them more, then your reflects take over and you let out a loud scream. The high volume in your voice startles Benedict and he lifts his head up. But before he gets to do anything else, you push yourself back so you crash into his chest which makes him grunt.

"What's going on?" he asks hoarsely. Over by the door, you both hear someone laughing.

"Now, that's a wake-up call," Tom chuckles as he's leaning towards the door frame. You and Benedict lift your heads up, then you groan and drop back down on the pillow. Benedict turns to your side and sees the huge, fake, black spider on the edge of the bed and sighs.

"Not funny, Tom," he says but Tom only keeps on laughing.

"Come on! It's Halloween," he says in a singing tone at the last word. You sigh loudly and turn so your face is towards Benedict's chest.

"Ben..." you sigh annoyingly, not at him but at Tom for pulling tricks like that. He takes the hint, leans over you, grabs the spider and throws it towards Tom who puts his arm up in defense and leaves the room chuckling.

"Urgh, why did we say yes to this trip again?" you mumble against Benedict's chest, making him chuckle and you feel a vibration run through him.

"I'll tell you what. If he tries something again, I'll make him sleep outside tonight," he says and it's your turn to giggle.

In the kitchen, the others are already there as you walk in, still in your pajamas shorts and t-shirt. You yawn and run your fingers through your hair.

"Good morning," Tom grins while leaning against the kitchen bench. You give him a serious look in return which makes Martin and Amanda curious.

"Oh, no. What did you do to her?" Amanda asks while enjoying her tea.

"Yeah, we heard you scream. You okay?" Martin asks you.

"Mr. Smart guy here decided to trick me into thinking a spider was in the bed," you tell them and they both make an "Oh" noise.

"Not clever, Tom," John says to him. They all know spiders are on your top list of things you hate. Tom walks towards you and picks you up by your waist and twirls around.

"Oh, cheer up! You know I love you!" he shouts and you can't help but smile at it. In comes Benedict, who almost gets your flying legs crashing into him. He backs up a step just before that happens, making Amanda giggle.

"Careful, Tom," she warns him as he puts you back down. "Don't want to piss off her boyfriend too much. We still have the whole day ahead." Benedict sends her a half smile. He's also in his pajama pants, but he's taken on a grey t-shirt. His brown curls are in all direction and as soon as Tom has let you go, you reach up to ruffle them. He puts his arms around your waist and hugs you close.

"She's right you know," he tells Tom and slowly lets his hands slide off you.

"Yeah? What you gonna do, Batch"? He teases.