Perfect Storm: 36

"Have you checked your phone?" Rosa asked, bursting into the room.

It'd been a little while since Camilla had sobbed all over her mum, but they were all sat together now, watching television as the calm settled between them.

That was until Rosa abruptly pushed open the door, eyes wide and her phone clasped in her hand. "Uh, no," Camilla replied in confusion, glancing at her mother who held a similar expression. "Why? What's wrong?" She hadn't switched her phone on since her mother had requested they all switched their devices off earlier. To be honest, she had completely forgotten about it.

Rosa's sharp intake of breath caught her attention. She stepped into the room and sat opposite them, clasping at what she could only determine as words to explain what was going on in her head. "Did you know Storm's mother was in prison?"

Camilla sat up a little straighter and nodded, "Yes, why?"

Rosa sighed, "He must have gone there today because somehow the media caught sight of it. And the fact that last night ... his mother hung herself. It's all over the news."

Her eyes widened at the sudden declaration and she had to take a moment to catch her breath. "She killed herself?" The thought of the woman she'd only spoken to a few days ago having killed herself completely flummoxed her. Why? Why would she have done that to her son? And to think that now, after all of this, everyone knew and it was so public was disheartening.

Beside her, Gabby cursed.

She couldn't imagine what he was going through right now and the fact that it was displayed all over the news when he had gone to lengths to hide his past away from the world. But then she recalled the fact that her phone was off and he must have called her when he heard the news. Camilla frantically reached into her pocket and switched her phone on, tapping the floor as she waited for it to ignite.

Once it did, there were two missed calls from Storm and a voicemail. "Shit," she whispered and stood up. "Mum, Dad. I need to go, okay?"

"Go," her mum chided her. "Storm needs you right now. Tell him we're here for him too okay?" Her father hummed in agreement and she reached down to hug them both, before she practically ran out of the door.

"I've ordered you an Uber!" Rosa yelled, just as the door closed. She was certainly thankful for her sisters-in-law quick thinking, because if it wasn't for that she wasn't sure what she would have done.

Camilla couldn't describe what went on in during the ride, but she jumped out of the car as soon as it was parked, managing to thank the driver as she did so. As she was in the lift, her fingers fumbled with her phone which she tucked back into her pocket – an overwhelming weight settled on her chest as she thought about how Storm must be feeling. At the thought of him finding out the news alone and she'd gone hours without hearing from him.