Soulmates

You read the words printed against your arm, "You're an idiot."

You laughed, surprised that no one has ever told you that before. You figured if someone ever did, it'd probably be for something irrational.

You walked into the usual library, looking for a history book that you haven't read yet. Eventually you found one, and sat down in the back of the library, sitting down at a table in the corner.

Lara walked into the library a few minutes later, reading the words on her wrist as she looked around.

"You are too sometimes you know."

Lara didn't understand why anyone would ever say that, she hardly understood what it stood for. She found you sitting by yourself and decided to join you. She sat across from you and opened her book.

"Oh, hello."

Lara looked up and greeted you back.

"Hello. Sorry, did I interrupt something?"

"No. Not at all. I'm just used to sitting here. Besides, there's actually air conditioning back here."

Lara laughed gently at your comment before turning back to her book.

(A few weeks later, because I can't think of what to add. Just use your imagination for what happens in between. :3)

You sat down and rested back against the firm oak tree, Lara lying her head on your lap and reading her book. You too began to read the final chapter of the book you were reading. You finally finished, and closed the book, setting it down beside you and looking down at Lara, who was about 3/4's finished with her book.

"Hey Lara?"

"Hm?"

"Did you know that if your hand is bigger than your face, then you have cancer?"

"Not falling for it Y/N."

"Aww man! Thanks to Whitman, everyone I've tried that on already knows what'll happen. Except for Sam. That was hilarious."

Lara laughed and sighed.

"You're an idiot."

"You are too sometimes you know."

Your eyes and Lara's eye both widened as you realized what had just happened. You both looked down at your wrists, and saw the writing was now solid golden, as the soulmates had finally met.

"U-Um........"

Lara lied there in shock, before eventually sitting up, placing a holding spot in her book, and placing the book down.

"I-I...........I don't know what to say.......um.........Y/N....."

You couldn't help it anymore, you grabbed Lara's chin and pulled her towards you, your lips making contact with hers. Lara's eyes widened before they softened and closed, smiling into the kiss.

The soulmates had truly spoken to each other.