Chapter 16

I got to the building and I did not want to waste any time. I came here to drop off some paperwork and then I would leave as fast as possible so I could buy a pregnancy test, go home, and end my suspicion of being pregnant.

I made my way to the top floor, where Harry's office was and I went straight to it. I didn't stop to say hi to anyone or wish them a good day like I normally would. I went straight into Harry's office, without knocking the door or saying anything. I knew he would get mad but I don't have any time to waste. That guy Luke got me worried and I won't be ok until I take a pregnancy test and confirm that I am not pregnant.

"Bella, what are you doing here? You didn't have to come to work today." Harry stood up from his chair, his expression quickly changed from confused to mad. "And who do you think you are that you can just walk into my office without knocking?" Of course he would say something, he gets mad at the most little and random things. Sometimes I think he's mad at everyone and everything, just mad at life in general and that makes me want to help him and make him happy but he won't let me. He doesn't want to be happy, and especially not with me.

"Yeah, I just needed to drop some paperwork off really quick. I won't be here long, don't worry." I showed him the papers he had been asking for since last week. And he gave me a little nod in understanding.

"I don't mind you being here." Why do you act like you do then...

"Well I hope you don't since I do work for you and I'm at your office every day." Harry raised his eyebrows as soon as that sentence came out of my mind. He wasn't expecting me to say anything like that, I wasn't expecting it either.

"What's with the attitude?"

"Nothing. Just not in the mood to deal with you, Mr. Styles." I probably shouldn't have said that but I was already making my way out to the door, eager to leave.

"Listen Bella, you do not talk to me like that. I am your boss. The fact that we slept a few times does not mean you can talk to me however you want because that's not going to stop me from firing you. Don't get too comfortable around me. I fucked you just as easy as I could fuck anyone else in this building, don't feel special. Know your place here, and get out of my office before I get tired of you." I closed the door behind me without saying a single word, there is no point to be arguing with him, especially if I know his words will hurt me.

I got a taxi to the nearest pharmacy and as scared as I was to go in and buy the test that could change my life from this moment on, I faced my fear and went inside. The lady at the checkout gave me a weird look, I didn't mind, I know if I was in her position I would've given the girl buying 12 pregnancy tests weird look too. But I am not taking any risks, I need to know if I am carrying a little person inside of me.

The thought of it warms my heart, just to think that a little Styles is growing inside of me makes me happy and excited to be a mother, although I am not ready, but it also makes me upset to know that this baby wouldn't have a daddy. Harry is a very important man and I know that he won't want a baby, especially if it doesn't come from someone like him. Someone as successful and with such class as him. I am not a woman that he could be with, or have a baby with, he has a reputation to maintain and I'm certain none of his friends would accept me. I am not like Harry, and I will never be. I am just a common girl trying to make it through life, while Harry is a successful CEO that has more money than I'll ever see in my life.

I ran to the restroom as soon as I got home, I couldn't wait any longer. This is something that could change my life, for good or for bad, but it would change it and I need to know what to do, the sooner the better. I only opened five of the tests, on the way home I thought twelve were too much, I was exaggerating when I got so many, no wonder the lady gave me weird looks. I read the instructions and did everything it said, not skipping a single step. Seconds seemed to be longer than usual, minutes felt like hours as I waited for the results. My heart beat was raising as the seconds passed by, my hands were shaking and some tears were already running down my face.

The alarms I had set on my phone went off, assuring me that 3 minutes had gone by and the results were most likely ready. I held one of the tests on my hands, still not looking at it, fear had taken over me and I could dare look at the test. My life has never depended on a little plastic stick as much as it does now. It says positive and I won't know what to do, I won't know how to be a mum, I won't know how to take care of a little baby, but if it says negative, I will be disappointed since I've thought about the idea of being a mum for a few hours now and it doesn't seem to be that bad.

I finally had the courage to look at it, my eyes couldn't believe what they were seeing. I grabbed the other four tests, and they were all the same. I grabbed my phone and called the first person I thought of.

"Harry? I need to talk to you."