THE TRIP

I went about a mile closer towards the spire. Yeah, it's dangerous, with all the police patrols there and everything, but what's the fun in being safe? I slid into the open window on the second floor of the buildings. I was here, the Aptitude Apartments. I quickly perused the hall before finding the apartment, 224 A. I steadied myself, slid the rose into my hat, straightened my collar, and knocked on the door. Rose answered. She was as stunning as ever, with her hair dyed a vibrant blue on the ends, but keeping the silver shine of before. She tapped me on the forehead. "Why are you here, dude? It's noon! I don't leave my house until 1:30, and you know that!"

       "I know, but I refused to let another Saturday go by without taking you out to brunch."

     "You're too sweet! I'll be ready in like 5 minutes, come in and take a seat."

     I entered, and sat in the armchair that had become my seat when I was here. I stared out the floor to ceiling window that always seemed to be perfectly lean from both sides, and wondered what Rose would want for brunch.

     "Alright, Dork. Let's get out of here, the diner will stop serving brunch soon!"

     "How would you know? You don't leave the house till 2 pm every day."

      "And because of that, I can't know things?!"

     "Okay, just follow me!"

And off we went. Into the usual game of cat and mouse, seeing who could push so far ahead that they could find a seat before the other one arrived. It ended in the usual manner, in that I fell, and because of that, she won. She always wins.

"2 plates of bacon, 12 eggs scrambled, and some syrup please."

"Coming right up," said the waiter with what appeared to be a smile.