THE STREETS

My feet tapped at the worn concrete below them. I scanned the old streets of this city I loved. I saw my next delivery. James. He was on his usual morning walk. I'd have to be swift and slick if I didn't want to get caught. I walked briskly towards him, eyeing the area just beside his head. As he approached, I threw my shoulder into his, slipping his package into his suit coat pocket and taking the money he had let stick out. I helped him up, and kept walking. 2 deliveries down, one to go. But this one was the worst. I slid the rose back behind my ear. I was gonna need all of my southern charm for this one. I pushed open the doors of the old saloon where Jesse worked. She was a old fashioned country girl. I walked up to the bar, sat, and asked for gin. I was greeted with a whole bottle slid from across the bar. I took a swig and looked up. There she was. I tossed her package into the air. She pulled her hat off and caught it inside. She slipped me a couple 50s. Must have been a smaller order then. Okay. It was still enough for me. I tossed the bottle into my bag, along with the rose. I knew that if I hadn't worn it, I would've gotten chewed out for being thirty seconds late. Oh well. I walked out and found a nearby alley to get back up to the roofs. I spider climbed about twenty feet up, then grabbed a couple pipes to swing my way up. As I made my way into the diner, I felt my bag get lighter. I turned on a dime, throwing my hand up to grab the arm of whoever just stole my alcohol. To my surprise, I was face to face with Ms. Silver Hair and Cocoa Eyes. Well, this is gonna be interesting.