Chapter XIV:

Blaine got home from work and found Kurt and Adrian having dinner. He sat down with them but he was fidgety. Kurt estranged his husband's behavior, the last few days they are both either tired or uptight. Blaine didn't explain anything and just made chit chat about their day. Adrian was telling:

"I spent the day with Lisa while Daddy K was working."

Kurt interfered:

"It's not just that, right? You answered back to Lisa when she told you not to interrupt me, wasn't that Adrian?"

Adrian looked down:

"I said to her that I was sorry..."

"I know, but Daddy Blaine needs to know what you did. Now kiss him good night and let's go to bed."

When Kurt finished putting Adrian to sleep, he entered the bedroom to find Blaine on the computer. He put his hands on his husband's shoulders as he asked:

"Still working, Blee?"

Blaine hasn't seen Kurt arriving but seams excited to show him something:

"No. I need you to watch this video."

Blaine got up to allow Kurt a better view of the screen. As he hit play, it appears the logo of one of the Broadway's YouTube channels followed by a child's drawing much familiar to Kurt. Rachel's voice begins to narrate:

Hello, my name is Rachel Berry and I play Dorothy on the Broadway production of The Wizard of Oz. Today I must ask you to look at this drawing. It was made by a five year old showing his two daddies. It could have been mine, as I was raised by to gay fathers, but it's from my godson. Adrian Anderson is the son of two members of our Broadway family: Kurt and Blaine Anderson. The little Adrian has been a victim of prejudice at his kindergarten because of drawings similar to these.

The video was alternating images of Rachel giving her testimony, pictures of Kurt and Blaine acting and working on Broadway's back stages and more of Adrian's drawings of his family.

The kindergarten's principal told Adrian's fathers that there have been complaints from families of other students saying it was difficult for them to explain why Adrian have two fathers and no mother. Scared that their son would suffer bulling in school, Kurt and Blaine took the kid out. However, they are afraid that transferring him to another kindergarten would cause the same problems. All they are trying to do now is to have a meeting with the principal to try a solution and she refuses to see them.

I'm using this on-line space that I have available to ask you to sign our on-line petition asking for an opportunity for those fathers to speak with the principal.

You may think I'm only asking for a chance of my godson to return to school. But what I'm trying to point out is something bigger. A lot of families whose kids study at said kindergarten have joined us for a simple reason: equality. Gay people still suffer a lot of prejudice which can even result in suicide. We are fighting against that.

Adrian was abandoned by his blood relatives and lived in an orphanage before he was adopted by his fathers. He is now happy and loved by his daddies. We want to provide him a safe environment for him at his school as well. I, in the name of Adrian's family and all of the Broadway charity projects, thank you already for your help.

Kurt was stunned:

"How did she have those drawings?"

Blaine smiled trying to read Kurt's expression:

"I faxed her from work."

"Why?"

"Because I knew how important it all is to you and I asked her help."

Kurt was still trying to figure things out:

"But you never wanted to expose Adrian and now you have his pictures and drawings on-line. I still don't see why you did that."

Blaine smiled a little awkwardly:

"You said you wanted to make some noise about the whole situation and I thought it was the way we would reach more people. I know you don't want to find another kindergarten for Ade. Harriet hasn't been giving good news about our pledge and I figured someone should take some action; even if it sounds a little crazy. Did you like it?"

"I'm amazed, Blee. You got out of your comfort zone just to please me. My only question is: do you think it's going to work?"

Blaine shrugged:

"Who knows? It's worth the shot, don't you think? Better than standing still anyway."