Chapter XIII:

Kurt got home after a long and exhausting day at work. It was late and Adrian was already asleep. He didn't saw where Blaine was so he just throws himself at the couch. He heard a voice coming from behind him:

"Tough day?"

"Of course. How about yours?"

"Just got better."

Blaine appeared holding two glasses of wine and a feet moisturizer. He sat right in front of Kurt and started massaging his feet:

"I'm afraid I have bad news."

Kurt just groaned and Blaine continued:

"Harriet called saying Mrs. Bane won't agree on the meeting."

Kurt sank his head back:

"And the good news?"

"How about if I told you I love you very much."

Kurt smiled:

"That's always good news. Have I told you that you are the world's most perfect and adorable husband?"

Blaine grinned back:

"Well, Judith Shaw also called. Do you remember her?"

"Of course, she's Michael Shaw's mother. He's the one that once bit Adrian. And I always suspected she has a crush on you."

"She called because Harriet is calling the other families and Judith said she wanted to help us."

Kurt was getting exalted:

"Why does she want to help? It's not like her son even likes Ady."

"Maybe she..."

Kurt didn't let him finish:

"He bit Adrian, Blaine, bit! He put his teeth in Adrian's arm."

"Kids do that."

"Why are you backing her up?"

"I'm not backing anyone up; I just think we could use all the help we can get."

Kurt looked away upset:

"I still don't like her."

Blaine laughed:

"It's so cute that you're jealous of me."

Kurt mumbled something like "I'm not" but Blaine coulnd't hear him because he'd jumped on Kurt and was kissing him. They were cuddling when Kurt asks:

"And how was your day with Ady?"

"Difficult. I don't know how to calm him down and I just have to run after him all day long."

"He's everyday more restless; it's probably from being locked up with one of us or the nanny all day long."

"Maybe we should start looking for another kindergarten."

Kurt was hesitating when he voiced his thoughts:

"Blee, I've been thinking, maybe I should take Adrian a few days with me to Ohio."

Blaine was taken by surprise:

"Why? Why would you do that?"

"There I have my father, Finn and Carole to help me out. Dad isn't going every day to the auto shop now that Finn is helping him out. He could watch Adrian for me. Besides, we would be in a house with a garden; Ady could play outside for a change. I could finish work from there and be back to turn in my sketches by the end of the month."

Blaine was on the edge of tears and held Kurt's both arms firmly:

"I beg you: don't do this to me! Don't take away my husband and my son all together. You know I can't get out of New York right now."

Kurt didn't mean to hurt Blaine. He held Blaine against his chest:

"Calm down, Honey. If it hurts you so much I won't go. It was just a silly idea. Just trying to make things easier."

Blaine held on to Kurt and started kissing his chest. Kurt was caressing his head:

"We need to figure things out. All this stress isn't good for any of us. Particularly Adrian."

Blaine nodded. Things needed to change. They needed to do something to solve this problem once and for all. Blaine was coming up with a plan, but he would need help. He knew just who to call.