Byakuya stood up and shoved past Koga and Inuyasha. He went and stood by his master's side. Kanna lingered just behind Naraku, holding her mirror and looking on silently.

Naraku inclined his head. "Until we meet again."

Leaving his words to hang in the air, Naraku, Kanna, and Byakuya vanished into the shadows and disappeared.

~~~

I could hear Naraku's voice resonating in my head, giving me orders left and right. While my true self tried to fight against him, my body obeyed his will. It was very frustrating, being inside my body and having zero control whatsoever. It was like Naraku was the puppet master and I was on the end of his strings.

And then Naraku ordered me to attack Sesshomaru.

I struggled and fought, but how can you fight against yourself? I had no choice but to attack. And that's just what had happened, despite my total objection to it.

Just as I had been about to kill my own comrade, I felt the cord tying me to Naraku sever. I had control once more, but I didn't get very far.

I must have blacked out because when I opened my eyes, I had to shut them again because of the intense brightness of the sun. My first realization was that I was being carried, but by who? My eyes fluttered open. I turned my head and saw that Inuyasha, Koga, and Kagome walking up ahead. That could only mean one thing.

I looked up and I saw Sesshomaru looking down at me. I coughed. "Sesshomaru..."

The corners of his lips turned up ever so slightly. "You're awake. That is a good sign."

I nodded, and then my eyes went wide as I remembered what transpired at the castle. "I'm so sorry! About attacking you..." I rambled out an apology but Sesshomaru shook his head.

"Don't be. Naraku is the one who should be sorry." he said softly. He smiled warmly. I blushed.

"He should smile more often." I thought. "I have a question." I began slowly.

Sesshomaru nodded. "You want to know why I saved you."

I smirked and nodded. Sesshomaru smiled again. He lowered his head. His silver tresses fell into my eyes and Sesshomaru impatiently flicked them back. I gasped in surprise as he kissed me softly.

Sesshomaru pulled away. "That is why I saved you. Because I love you." he said quietly.

I blinked. "Y-you do?" He nodded. "Yes, I do."

I blushed harder. "So do I."

Sesshomaru grinned. He bent down and kissed me again and this time, I returned the gesture.

We made it back to the makeshift camp Sango and Miroku had set up and Sesshomaru set me down on the ground gently.

Inuyasha leaned back, putting his hands behind his head. "Alright, I got a question for ya Mitsu. The whole deal with Naraku. How are you two related?"

I sighed. "Must you know?"

I cleared my throat and began the tale. "Well, you both know the story of Onigumo, right?"

Inuyasha nodded. "Yeah yeah, Onigumo was a bandit right?"

"Mhm. Onigumo was my brother. But when he summoned up demons to devour his soul, a new yōkai was reborn from him. Naraku. But, Onigumo's heart still beat strongly."

Sesshomaru's eyes widened. "Therefore making Naraku your 'other brother', if you will."

I nodded. "Yes. Now, I never knew what had happened to my older brother until I saw him transform for the first time." I shuddered. "It was horrible. When Onigumo, or I should say Naraku, showed his demon self, I was there. It was then that I knew that my brother was truly dead."

Sesshomaru nodded. "Hm. Well you needn't worry about whatever Naraku has up his sleeve. We can take him."

He winked at me before going over to Rin. I giggled. Inuyasha noticed.

"Whatcha giggling about, Mitsu?" he asked, sitting down beside me. I shook my head and hid my grin behind my hands. "Oh, nothing!"

Inuyasha rolled his eyes. "Feh. Sure! C'mon, tell me!"

I shook my head and giggled. "Nope!"

Inuyasha sighed. "I guess that leaves me with no other option."

He began to tickle me. I laughed and squirmed. "Inuyasha! Ack st-stop!" I shrieked, wriggling.

Inuyasha grinned slyly. "Then tell me!"

I laughed breathlessly. "O-okay! St-stop!"

Inuyasha finally ceased tickling me. I sat up and leaned against the bark of the tree. Inuyasha crossed his legs and crooked a finger at me. "Spill."

I giggled again as Sesshomaru came over. I glanced up at him. "Should we tell Inuyasha?" Sesshomaru smirked.

"Tell me what?" Inuyasha asked slowly.

Sesshomaru smirked again as he sat down next to me. He wrapped his arm around me, and Inuyasha immediately made the connection.

"You- you two-" he trailed off, speechless. I giggled. "Yep!"

To say that Inuyasha was speechless was an understatement. He was shellshocked.

"You mean to tell me," he said to Sesshomaru, "that you two are now m-m-mates?" He struggled to get the word out.

I grinned. "What's the matter Inuyasha? You aren't jealous are you?"

Inuyasha rose up in his typical feisty attitude. "Jealous? Of Sesshomaru? Never!"

Sesshomaru rolled his eyes. "If you say so, little brother."

"I am not jealous."

"You say that, and yet it is obvious that you are."

Inuyasha crossed his arms. "Alright maybe I am jealous!" He snorted and leaned back, putting his hands behind his head.

I grinned and leaned on Sesshomaru, who chuckled. "Well little brother," he said to Inuyasha, "looks like you're stuck with me now."

That night the air was cold and uninviting to all. I shivered in my thin bedroll. I sneezed. "Oh great. Now I'm catching a cold."

I suddenly felt myself being lifted up. Warm arms carried me to were A-Un, Jaken, and Rin lay sleeping.

"This one does not want you to catch a cold." Sesshomaru murmured softly, his breath tickling my ear as he set me down.

I yawned and smiled. "Thanks." I curled up next to A-Un, but Sesshomaru shook his head. He patted the space next to him.

Smiling, I made my way over to the demon lord. He pulled me down next to him. I yawned sleepily and laid down. I was then enveloped in warmth as Sesshomaru wrapped his fur pelt around me like a lover's embrace. The ends tickled my nose but I didn't care. He tugged me close and I curled up. Sesshomaru wrapped his arm around me and allowed me to lay my head on his chest. I took comfort in the steady boom of his heart. His body heat combined with mine and the fur pelt warned me greatly and gave me a sense of security.

Sesshomaru gently stroked my cheek with a claw. My eyes fluttered shut.

"I want you by my side, Mitsuki." he said in my ear, lowering his head and placing a tender kiss on my lips.

I smiled as sleep overcame me.

"Always."

Okay! This was just a little something I felt like writing cuz thanks to my bff (Black_Sunshine_31313 go follow! 😀) I am now addicted to the anime InuYasha! Let me know what y'all think!