Chapter 7

"The deed is done. She's mine now." Naraku hissed as Mitsuki reopened her eyes. Inuyasha gasped- they were as black as night. He tried to lunge at Naraku and take his head off, but was held back by Sesshomaru. He struggled against his elder brother.

"Stop! You'll only make matters worse!" Sesshomaru said stoutly. "See her eyes! Mitsuki is not gone, not entirely!"

Inuyasha stopped struggling long enough to look Mitsuki in the eyes. He saw- with some bitterness- that Sesshomaru was indeed right. Mitsuki's eyes were as black as night, but he could see a small light flickering within them like a beacon of hope. It was dim, but it was there. Mitsuki had hope yet.

Naraku chuckled softly. "Don't waste your time trying to save her. She is obedient to me now, and there is nothing you can do to stop me!"

It was then that Sesshomaru let go of Inuyasha and transformed. He was almost too big to fit in the main chamber. The demon lord howled so loudly that it shattered the windows. The glass shards rained down upon them. Sesshomaru pounced on Naraku and pinned him down with one massive white paw.

Naraku snarled and struggled under Sesshomaru's paw. "Mitsuki! Come to your brother's aid and kill Sesshomaru!" he called to Mitsuki.

Mitsuki, who had been sitting quietly and spectating the battle, obediently rose to her feet, perfectly balanced- Naraku's control must have countered the poison. With a growl the young girl revealed her true form. She sprung at Sesshomaru with a yowl, bringing the surprised demon lord to the ground and off of Naraku.

Sesshomaru growled up at Mitsuki as she pinned him to the ground. Her strength had doubled under Naraku's control. "Miko!" he yelled at Kagome. "Fire that sacred arrow of yours at Naraku!"

Kagome nodded and went off to find her quiver. Naraku meanwhile, kept his eyes locked on Mitsuki.

Byakuya grinned and jumped down from his paper crane, landing lightly in front of Koga and Inuyasha. "I intend to have some fun now!" He drew another blade of grass from his pocket. Both boys grinned at each other. Inuyasha drew Tetsusaiga.

Meanwhile, Mitsuki snarled at Sesshomaru. Sesshomaru showed his teeth, unwilling to harm her for she was ignorant of her actions. He winced as Mitsuki dug her razor sharp claws into his throat. He tried shoving her off him but to no prevail.

"KAGOME!" Sesshomaru roared at the young priestess. "Any day now would be nice!"

Kagome returned, loading her bow. She aimed it at Naraku, who smirked at her. "Ah, Kagome Higurashi. The young human who looks so much like my Kikyo but is not her. You may be Kikyo's reincarnation, but I've seen you fire a bow. You cannot harm me."

"Shut your dirty mouth, Naraku!" Kagome snapped. She sighted along the arrow and fired at Naraku, who caught the arrow in his hand. He crushed it to bits in his hand.

"You'll have to do better than that." he sneered.

Kagome aimed and fired again, this time coming close to striking him. "Release Mitsuki at once!" she ordered in her typical bossy way.

Naraku frowned. "That's what you want? Fine then!"

Everything happened at once. Naraku released his sister with a sharp snap of his fingers. Mitsuki gasped and her growl cut off. She transformed back and collapsed atop Sesshomaru with a weak moan, her eyes brightening to their golden-green as she fell from Naraku's control. She fainted without a sound.

Naraku chuckled. "You're lucky she's a full yōkai, otherwise she'd have died. Be grateful I didn't kill her."

He waved his fingers at Byakuya. "Come, Byakuya, Kanna. We depart."