Chapter Two- "Meeting the Butler"

You woke up with tears streaming down your cheeks from the nightmare. As you wipe your eyes with your sleeve, you see a tall man dressed in all black. "What is a young lady like you doing alone sleeping on a bench?" He offers you a handkerchief and you gladly take it and wipe your eyes and nose. "My mother recently died from tuberculosis and I didn't have the money to pay rent so I had to leave my house. The streets were my only option..besides an orphanage.." The man looks at you, momentary sadness in his red eyes. "I am terribly sorry to hear that Milady. You can come to stay at my young master's manor for a while. I am Sure he won't mind as long as you work as a maid." Your teary eyes light up. "Really?! Are you Sure he won't mind?" He smiles and offers you a hand. "I am Sure he won't. My young Master is quite kind, even though he tries to hide it." You take his hand and stand up dusting off your dress. "I have a carriage already. I had to run to town to grab some China. Right this way Milady." He leads you to the carriage and helps you in then gets in himself and the carriage starts moving. "So if I may ask, what is your name Milady?" You look up to see his deep red eyes staring at you. "I am y/n. y/n l/n." He smiles softly. "It's a pleasure to meet you Lady y/n. I am Sebastian Michaelis. I am a butler at the Phantomhive estate." You smile and shake his gloved hand. "Nice to meet you Sebastian. You seem quite nice." you say sweetly not registering he said 'Phantomhive'. He smiles and shakes your hand. "Well Lady y/n we will be arriving at the estate shortly. I will have Mey-Rin show you to your room and alert the Master of your presence." You nod and cant stop the happy tears from streaming down your face. "Thank you so much.." you say wiping your eyes with the handkerchief he handed you earlier."Don't cry Lady y/n." He smiles softly at you and wipes your eyes with his thumbs. "I will give Mey-Rin some money and you two can go shopping tomorrow after her chores are finished." You look at him in amazement. "You don't even know me and you are being a total sweetheart. Thank you so much Sebastian. You are like the Dad I never really had..." you say before standing up and engulfing him in a hug. Sebastian's eyes go wide, but he hugs you back. "I may not know you personally, but I see you as a daughter already. I wouldn't mind if you called me daddy." he says smiling playfully. "Alrighty then...daddy." You smile huge and he smiles back as you arrive at the manor.