Chapter 3: A Fear of Spiders (OLD)

Friday, August 2nd, 2080 at 12:30 AM.

We arrived at our main Watchpoint in Gibraltar after our successful mission. Well, it wasn't really successful for me at all. This is all because I didn't get to recruit Widowmaker. Damn it! If only I had more time to talk to her.... Maybe I should request another mission for tomorrow that takes place in King's Row. This is the best chance I have if I want to get another shot at talking Widowmaker into joining Overwatch.
I don't want to spend my life in Overwatch only thinking about this girl. Her beautiful golden colored eyes, her beautiful smile, her stunning voice. I want to be able to see it all again. And I will see it all again.
But first, I want to find out more information on Widowmaker's true identity. If I'm going to recruit her into Overwatch, I should know what she's done in the past. Both before and after she decided to joined Talon.

Monday, August 5th, 2080 at 8:45 PM.

After we arrived here 3 days ago, I decided to go see Mercy at the base's medical clinic to take care of my bullet wounds before I did any research on Widowmaker. If I'm going to do research on her, then I'm going straight to Winston first since he has the actual documents for Widowmaker.

I was sitting down in the day room waiting for Mercy to finish typing in some documents on her computer in her office. If you ever get hurt, whether if you're close to death or if it's just a minor sickness, you can always go to Mercy for help. She is definitely a miracle worker.

Mercy entered the day room and stood from the hallway. She gave a heart-warming smile. "Okay then, it looks like you're all set to go. You know, you really need to be more careful (Y/N). You're one of the best leaders that Overwatch has right now, and we can't risk losing someone as great as you."

I gave a smile back. "Well, I know I can always count on you to save my life, Angela. You're quite the miracle worker, you know that?"

"Oh please, I'm not a miracle worker!... Well, not always."

"Anyways, thanks for everything Angela. I should catch Winston before he goes back to his obsession of peanut butter. Have you looked into that?"

She giggled. "Ja, we gave him treatment and everything! Eventually, we gave up on his obsession and let him be."

I chuckled and gave another smile. "Anyways, I should get going now. Thank you for everything Angela. Have a good night."

She smiled back. "You too, (Y/N)."

I left the medical clinic and went to Winston's labratory. I opened the door to see around 15 empty peanut butter jars all over the floor, and to hear an old movie that played upstairs. I entered the lab and walked upstairs to Winston's office.

Winston was sitting there eating peanut butter with a banana while watching The Shawshank Redemption. I knocked on the wall to get his attention. He turned around from his seat and gave a bright smile.

"Ahh, welcome back (Y/N)! Do you need something?"

"Hey Winston, I actually do need something. It's a huge favor."

"Sure, what is it you need?"

"Remember that... one particular sniper you told me about? Well, I want to borrow the data that you guys collected from her, or if not, then you can just tell me straight up about her real identity, if that's okay with you."

His face got a little more serious. "I did read more about her..."

"Really? Great! If you can please te-"