Chapter 1

I woke up on the floor of my room. I have a broken mattress and a blanket to sleep with. I woke up and started crying. I ran to grab my back pack and suitcase. My backpack kept my school stuff and my suitcase would hold my belongings. I threw all of my clothes into my suitcase. I ran around the house like a madman grabbing anything that I cared about. It was around 3:00 am. I grabbed lots of food from the pantry and took 10000 dollars from my mom's special safe. It was my college money.
I texted my friend Alex to ask if he was still awake. To my luck, he was. I told him I had something important to talk to him about. He told me that he would be sitting outside his house on the porch.
I ran over there and found him on the porch. The rain was pouring down onto my hair and I was getting soaked. Not only from the rain but from my tears.
"What's wrong Chris?"
"I came here to tell you that I'm leaving. I can't stand living at that house anymore. I have enough money to buy us both plane tickets to Hawaii. All I want to know is if you're with me. If not I'll just leave right now."
He thought about my offer for a minute before nodding. "Give me a minute to pack." I nodded and waited. He came out with a suitcase and a puppy carrier.
We left for the airport in silence.
Eventually we made it and I bout our tickets. We made it through security and boarded our flight. Everything was perfect until I got a text from my mom. She was going off about how I need to bring my behind back home. I told her that I wasn't coming back and got no response. I rolled my eyes and leaned on Alex's shoulder. Not only was he my only friend. He was also kind of my boyfriend. He wrapped an arm around me and kissed my forehead. I smiled and fell asleep.
I woke up to Alex shaking me. "How long was I out?"
"Eighth hours."
"Did you sleep?"
"Yep. I just woke up too."
"Ok. Thanks for staying with me." He smiled and kissed my cheek.