Ch. 2 The walk

Finished!!! Everyone jumped out of bed and grabbed their weapons. Well, all except for Jesper who was sleeping with his beloved pearl revolvers and was planning on going back to sleep. That is until Wylan stepped into his room and whisper yelled for him to get up. I've finished a lot earlier today than I have normally been. Time for my evening stroll. Jesper was suddenly wide awake, he knew exactly who that voice belonged to and slowly began to remember what happened earlier. He suddenly wished he had cleaned up a bit before bed, but whatever.

He was too caught up in his thoughts to know that everyone had gathered in his room. "Does anyone else feel a little weird, or is it just me?" Matthias asked. Everyone raised their hand. Then Wylan started explaining. "The weird ball of emotions you feel are Kaz's. My guess is that the ache in our leg is a sort of shadow pain. If you want to call it that, that also belongs to Kaz. Am I missing anything?" It was then that Matthias started taping his foot. "What is it Matthias?" Nina asked as she gently put her hand on his shoulder. He seemed confused for a second, then told everyone he was sorry. The song that the Dejim was singing pulled him in, he never heard it before. Everyone then focused on the song and realized he was right, it pulls you in. Only Jesper knew it. "It's a sacred tradition for farm family's to pass down a working song. Most of the lyrics change depending on the person, but some are the same. It's always sung on a work day with only family and close friends..... I wonder how he knows it.

I was told when I was young. To take my time, not live to fast. To be a simple man. Because life, is taking turns, falling flat on your chin. Trying to fly with the birds. But sometimes when your standing tall, up against the world, up against the wall. Between the love and hate, some can hardly wait to watch the hero fall. Show them who you are. Back off, I'll take you on. Be headstrong, take on anyone. Listen because before you bend, you will have revenge.  Fire through your veins, you will fan the flames until your dying breath. No matter what, you will never go down any other way. Well, you can throw me to the wolves. Tomorrow I will come back leader of the whole pack. Beat me black and blue. Every wound will shape me. Every scar will build my throne......

"Wonder if he used it as blackmail. It sounds like him. The song is kinda happy despite what's happening. I like how it's upbeat and catchy. Is your-" Nina was interrupted by Wylan who hushed them because Kaz was coming.  It's still late. Nobody sane would be out now, though I think I'll stay off the main roads. I'd rather not meet a drunkard.

They listened to his thoughts until he was all the way downstairs, even then they hardly spoke. Kaz's ears were like a crows. They wanted to follow him because well, who goes out for a walk at.... 3:30 Am. "3:30!! How much sleep does that guy get?! Somebody's always up at at 5 and he already has coffee!! Is he an insomniac?! No never mind, don't answer that." Jesper said, still trying to wrap his head around Kaz and his ridiculous sleep schedule.

"He always has so much energy too, does he have a double? Let's follow him." Nina said as she headed toward the door, that is until Matthias stoped her and shook his head. "He'll know we were following him. That just defeats the purpose of following him and you'll probably regret it later." They all wanted to follow him, but Matthias was right.

That's when Wylan had an idea. "Since we're connected through the mind, maybe, just maybe we can see what he sees. Of course it'll be a little different because he might slow things down or speed them up mentally, but it's still the same sights. It just might work." He hasn't realized he was talking out loud until Jesper; who had a grin from ear to ear and was practically hopping up and down; asked how.