Chapter 4: I Mean a Lot to Him

Chapter 4

Hooohh.. Thank God! We came home safely. Shieks. The vampire I encounter last night Is not bad at all.. I didn’t notice that he scratch me a little. I found a cut in my left arm. Tsk! I should clean this before everyone finds out what happened yesterday.

I went to school like anything never happened.

My seat was between Vlad and Kay.

We were passing notes the entire time and sharing pocky and things like that.

After class I went to the rose garden, to kill some time.

I take a nap under the bushes when suddenly I heard voices.  

”Hey, isn’t Liza’s getting too close to vampires?” the 1st girl said

“Yeah, it’s great right. She’s surrounded with hot guys but at the same time, could be extremely dangerous. They might hurt her or what.” The other girl said

“But Liza isn’t doing that on purpose. She’s now part of the night cavalier and her duty is to protect every one of us. You shouldn’t worry about her, she now what she’s doing. Besides she grows up with Julian who’s not only a vampire but a pure blood.” The 3rd girl said

“Right. But I think she really don’t know Julian is, he’s the next heir if…….”

The voices are slowly disappearing, they must have been gone.

I was so surprised they were talking back at me.

Am I being too close with vampires? Julian is the next heir of what?

Shieks. I need answers.

I immediately run to mother’s office and start my investigations, ofcourse without letting them know, especially Julian. I keep on looking but I can’t find anything. Maybe I should check Mother’s room. Shieks. The door suddenly opened and I found my mom.

“Mother.” I said.

“Whats wrong? Anything happened??” she asked

“Ummm….nothing. I..I just thought I left some papers here.” I gave him a sheepishly smile, trying to convince her.

“Oh. Ok . Anyway give this to Julian. It’s kind of some paperwork for him” she said

“Okay.”

I left immediately after receiving the files.

Soon, I arrive at his office…

hmmmm….and found out that hes not there..

Ahhhhh….So troublesome.

Mother said that I should give it to him personally.

“Shieks. I guess I need to wait a little longer.” I whisper

As I was sitting on the sofa, my eyelids felt heavy  and I fell asleep.

Dreaming...... Im dreaming….

Im having the same dream that wouldn’t let go of my past.

Shadows covered my whole world.

Pain, suffering, thirst revenge is all that I can sense.

And he is there, hes waiting for me but….. I can’t….. I can’t go with him. Because he didsomething terrible…….he became a strigoi……

I felt a tear rolled from my cheeks. Things are back in normal.

“You’re dreaming.” I met his garnet colored eyes of Julian.

“Julian” pausing a little while.

“Hey!” I shouted, after remembering what I need to do.

I got up and gave him the paperwork.

Sheeesshh. It’s already late..

“I think I have to go.” I said

As I was going to walk out, he pulled left arm, wrapping me in his arms.

“I can smell your blood.” He whispers and gently grabs my arm.

He kisses the part that I cut and it heals up.

My eyes widened and I don’t know what to say. How come he knows about the incident?

A moment of silence covered the whole room.

“Hey.” I whisper.

“I want to ask you something….ummmm.. Why everybody keep saying that you’re the next heir. What does it mean?” I asked

I can sense tension in the room, makes me feel scarier. I looked at him. His face was so serious, can’t tell what he feels.

“The Faulkner is the highest standing family in the vampire race. Nobles and aristocrats are willing to support me if I choose to take back the kingship.” He said

“You should’ve ruled. Your power and leadership could stop strigoi from harming everyone. Why you didn’t choose to take it back??” I asked curiously.

His embrace tightens up, burying my face in his chest. I can hear his heartbeat so fast, same way as mine. He’s so serious.

“Because…..” he started talking

“Because I choose you over the kingship.”

......................................................................................................................................................................

 ......PLEASE Vote, Support

And Leave a comment...  pleassssseeeee.....

Thank you for reading!! ^____^