Defending a Friend

Branch was collecting sticks like he usually does. Being grey for 20 years, he's use to his personality & doesn't care what others think. After collecting enough sticks, he began to head back to his bunker. He was almost at his bunker til he heard talking a few feet away. He placed the sticks by his bunker & went to see what was going on. Branch stopped when he heard his name & noticed that it was Poppy & Creep- I mean Creek. He knows it's not right to eavesdrop, but he was curious & hid behind some leaves.

Creek: Poppy, why do you care about him so much? If he doesn't want to be happy, leave him being.

Poppy: I know there's happiness in him, he just needs help finding it.

Creek: My dear naive Poppy. Don't you get it? The reason why he's colorless is because of his bad aura.

Branch: *thinks: No one calls her naive, but me! Who the hell does he think he is?*

Poppy: That has nothing to do with it, Creek. Sometimes, what goes around comes around. It's called bad karma.

Creek: Well, he has bad time and a bad attitude. Besides, He's just jealous cause I'm more positive than he is.

Branch: *thinks: Yea, in your head.*

Poppy: You're just saying that just because he's grey and you're not. But, you know what? For all it's worth, I'm looking at you right now and I've never seen anyone GREYER.

Silence filled the air as soon as she said that. Creek had a shocked look on his face just looking at her. Branch was just standing there looking amused.

Branch: *thinks: That's my girl.*

Creek: How could you say that?! I'm a nice guy!

Poppy: At least I don't talk badly about him behind his back.

Creek: I-I would never!

Poppy just stood there with her arms folded, not believing him.

Creek: Ok, maybe I do just for the fun of it, but I don't really mean it.

Poppy didn't say anything, she just gave him a straight face.

Creek: Fine, I do. Why does that matter to you?

Poppy: To me, color has nothing to do with it. I don't care if he's grey, he's still a troll to me. If you don't like it, then leave.

Branch felt warmth inside of him. He has never had anyone defend him before, but he didn't expect Poppy to, even though she's the only one who cares about him. Creek walked away with his head down.

Poppy: Sheesh! And, I thought Branch was hard to understand. I don't care if Branch is grey. I mean, color has nothing to do with being a troll. *sighs* Sometimes, I just wish I could get to know him. Branch may be a paranoid hot-head, but I know that he's a good guy, even if he others call him crazy. It doesn't consider him a bad person, anyway.

Poppy cleared out her thoughts & was about to head back to the village. As she turned around, she saw Branch standing there with a small smirk & folded arms. She just flashed red, rubbing her arm feeling embarrassed that he might have heard her talking.

Poppy: Uhh, I'm not sure how much of that you could hear....

Branch: Oh, I heard all of it.

Poppy's whole face went completely red when she noticed that he heard the whole conversation. She really wished that he didn't here what she was saying. Even though she spoke her true feelings, she didn't expect him to listen to every single word. Poppy turned her back to him not wanting him to see how red she is. Branch can't help but look amused by her action. He as never seen her so flushed in his life. He walked up to her & hugged her from behind.

Poppy: !!! Branch?!

Branch: You didn't have to defend me, you know.

Poppy: I-idiot, you're my friend. Why shouldn't I?

Branch: Just don't overdo yourself.

Branch pecks her on the cheek & walks away, leaving Poppy standing there with a stunned look on her face. Poppy placed her hand on her cheek, not believing that he did that. She knew that he has a sweet side, but she didn't expect him kissing her on the cheek. Through it all, she will always defend Branch.