Hell All Over Again

Author:  MicxRanjo

Critic: charmdiatz

Genre: General Fiction

A. OPENING

➡First chapter is a sure attention grabber, from the way it is narrated, the exchange of dialogue to the scenes that transpired.

➡The protagonist's main problem is clearly presented at the outset.

➡The descriptive words used are just right and the action verbs chosen give a strong impact in the reader's mind.

➡The protagonist has easily gotten my empathy, while the antagonist draws my ire just as fast.

B. CONFLICT

➡This is actually one of the strong points of Chapter 1, the mental struggle within the protagonist and the contradicting goals between the protagonist and the antagonist.

➡Succeeding conflicts, both internal and external, are also introduced when the main characters, Rose Ann and Jamin, have met.

C. PLOT

Main Plot

Things aren't always what they seem. You may be living in luxury, but it doesn't mean you're on cloud nine.

Subplot

➡Shotgun wedding. Jamin was forced to marry Rose Ann because they were caught in a very compromising situation, a situation pre-planned by her stepdad. Since she had hidden feelings for him, she accepted the offer of marriage.

This premise is hard to sell. Society today isn't morally upright as compared before. But hey, I only said hard, not impossible. The author really needs to put a lot of work to make the most discernible reader believe in this concept.

➡The scene why Jamin ended up proposing marriage to Rose Ann is indeed titillating.

➡The succeeding plots help to develop the main theme of this story, Rose Ann's emotional suffering while in the hands of both her stepdad and her husband.

➡There are scenes created which complicates more the situation where they're in.

Observations/ reactions on some of the chapters:

Chapter 2

It's an info dump for me. Walang nangyari sa chapter na ito. Wala rin kahit isang dialogue. I won't consider it totally boring since the information relayed is interesting. But since there is no balance between the narrative and the dialogue, this chapter drags towards the end.

Chapter 3