CHAPTER TWO

Sipping my tea looking thoughtful, I grimaced at how much my life has changed since a fortnight ago even since yesterday. I was concerned on making it hard for my new husband, to show him I was not in the slight less way ready to do my wifely duty but instead he was not present at all which showed that he was not even ready to be bothered with me. That had stung my pride, although my father was a traitor, he loved me and not once in my life did I imagined I would be locked in a loveless marriage and I am so slow at recognizing things that I realized this a day after my marriage not that I could stop it if I had realised it earlier. When a tear dropped into my tea I realized that I haven't seen my husband and yet he had made me cry which just strengthened my resolve that he will suffer for it, immensely.

' my lady, your husband is in the drawing room .' Agnes said quietly. I stiffened at her voice, she just witness me being in my lowest but I refused to cower to embarrassment and rushed to answer him as I should cause it is my duty, instead I calmly sipped my tea and replied ' would you please tell him that I am in the morning room .'

For once Agnes displayed emotion on her face, shock . she was shocked and I smiled inwardly as I realized that this will not be the last time that she will wear this expressions on her face because of my actions.

' m m- my lady, ' Agnes stammered ' he asked for you '

' then tell him that I also asked for him, yesterday, in my bed .' I said with not a single trace of emotion on my face as I tried to appear cool, but as soon as the door closed behind Agnes who left when she saw that I won't change my mind, I jumped to my feet the started pacing round, I am doomed my marriage was over before it began.

****************

' she said what ?' lord Andrew asked Agnes in a disbelieving tone.
Although she was not comfortable with the tension that he brewing in his fury she repeated what lady Isobel said only for Andrew to hit his desk in fury which made her finch back. If it was princess Whitney she would attack the bearer of the bad news then proceed to make those under her feel her wrath.
' am sorry ' he said in a soft tone. He was the one who found her brushing blood from the floor of the servants common room in the night after princess Whitney ordered some labourers to disvirgin her just because a very promising squire who spurn her invitations asked for her release so he could marry her.

' it's okay my lord, please understand your wife, she expected you last night and she is still bitter .' Agnes said

' so she is furious. I find that hard to believe. ' lord Andrew said his anger slowly reducing.

' she has no idea what you look like since the king stood in your place, please sir don't hurt her pride anymore than necessary. ' Agnes said besceehingly.

' why do you care? ' he said noting the pleading tone.

' she is a good person. '

' her father is a traitor ' lord Andrew countered

' and she has been punished enough, she was removed from her home, her name tarnished. The king and would have just sent her to be a governess in a distant land instead he forced her to be where her mates would ridicule her and attached her to a man she had never met, surrounded her with people who would do anything to see her fail and who watch her as a hawk. She knows that I am to spy on her yet she did not struck out at Me .' Agnes finished her rant only to see Andrew watching her with a bemused expression on his face, as she started to apologized he shook his head no.

' if you are that passionate around people you are free with then I understand why you had a lot of suitors, don't worry we will find a prefect man for you. ' Andrew said. ' the morning room you said, emm stay here look like its time I have a private chat with my new wife ' he concluded as he strode out of the room.