Chapter 19

I stared aimlessly out the window of the Swan's kitchen the next day. Bella had left this morning with Edward so who knows when they'd come back. I thought about visiting Jake, but I hesitated. There was no denying our connection, but everything with him felt like it was in hyper speed. In fact, everything lately has been in hyper speed. I didn't know what to do anymore. Should I continue to fight Bella on her decision? Should I leave? Should I be with Jake? Should I be drinking at noon? I looked down at the clear bottle in my hand that promised sweet oblivion. I raised it to my lips and took a gulp. Yeah, I didn't particularly care about the ramifications of that last one. Ugh, this was so stupid. I heard the car before I saw it. I lifted the bottle again, stupid shiny volvo owner. I watched Bella approach the house and decided that me sitting here with a bottle of vodka maybe wasn't the best idea I ever had. I capped off the bottle and headed towards the door. Leaning against the doorway I watched Bella close the front door behind her.

"Okay, so there's a few things I need to say to you." I raised my eyebrow, because I have mad skills and can do that. She let out a deep breath. "First, I know you don't like Edward," why did I leave that bottle in the kitchen? "But I know him. You just met him so you don't know him like I do. And I trust him completely and wholeheartedly. And I love him and I want to love and be with him forever." Warning, warning, warning! "So, we are getting married." I blinked, turned, and walked back into the kitchen. Bella was close on my heels, "Look I know what your thinking, that this is another mistake right?" I grabbed the vodka and took off the cap. "But I don't need your permission. This is my life and I will live it how I choose." I tilted the bottle back and relished in the sweet burn of the alcohol. "So will you be my maid of honour?" I choked on the vodka and coughed violently. I think some went up my nose.

"Your-" cough, "what?" cough, cough. 

"My maid of honour. I decided that I will get married on August 13th. It's a month before my birthday. I don't want to be another year older than Edward."

"That's the stupidest reason I ever heard." I watched as she grinned her teeth together slightly.

"Look this decision wasn't all about Edward, or the Volturi. It was about me, about who I should be and who I am." 

"Enlighten me," I said dryly.

"I belong in your world. I always have. I've never been normal and I don't want to be. This is who I am Arianna." I put the bottle down and looked at her squarely. Her shoulders were set, her chin raised, and her feet were set slightly apart. She was standing her ground on the subject. I let out an exasperated sigh.

"And pray tell, how do you plan on hosting a wedding? August 13th isn't that far away." I saw her lips twitch into an almost smile.

"Alice is going to help me. She said she can have it done by then." I frowned deeply,

"Alice? Are you serious? You are going to let high-spirited, practically a cheerleader, so sweet it hurts my teeth Alice to plan the wedding?" She let out a long sigh and bobbed her head.

"Well shit. Fine I'm in, I guess. But i retain my right to change my vow when they ask if there's a reason these two should not be married." 

"So you'll come? You'll be my maid of  honour"

"I'll be the one holding the vodka bottle." I took another swig for emphasis. 

I was so going to regret this.