Chapter 10: Fallen Angel

ابدأ من البداية

In all honesty, I never thought I'd see him of all people be concerned for someone, other than Raph. She must mean a whole lot to him. 'Just like how I must mean a lot to them.'

-
The night passed much easier than others had and the next day we all spent our time doing our own thing. Last I saw the others, Don was working on the Battle Shell, Mikey was kinda wandering around, Raph was working on his kicks with a punching bag, Leo was reading and Splinter was having his tea. Meanwhile I'm also sitting on the couch with Splinter. While having company was great, it only delayed the dark thoughts in my mind.

Just as a thought was about to come up, I hear a vehicle start up and rumble in the lair. 'Just what would a vehicle be doing he- Oh no,' Before I could turn to see Donnie, Leo yelped and dropped his book. "Yikes!" He ran towards us, grabbed me and Splinter, and jumped off the couch. "Excuse me you two!" I hear the screech of tires soon after and a crash followed. I looked up, seeing the furniture is wrecked and the rug with tire marks. My gaze followed the marks and it leads to the Battle Shell, which is rammed into the wall. Master Splinter groaned and got up but for some reason I still felt an arm on me.

"Leo, you can let go of me now." I said bluntly. The turtle in blue turned to me and saw the predicament, before getting up and lending me a hand. "Thanks for saving me back there." I took his hand and he pulled me up, looking flustered and quickly letting go of my hand. "Yeah. No problem." He averted his gaze with that flustered expression still on his face.

"Donatello, your Battle Shell is a marvel of engineering, a true testament to your incredible mechanical skills, and I never want to see it in our home again." Splinter crosses his arms at the two turtles on the ground. "Oops." Donnie glared at Mikey and slapped him upside the head. "Ow." He responded, rubbing the spot where Donnie hit him.

"Looks like we've got to do upgrades in the garage." Leo commented. I nodded at that while the two turtles stood up. "Definitely. How did it even get in here?" I asked. Mikey and Leo shrugged at the question.

-

"Could you pass me that three-fourths wrench, Bella?" I tossed the tool to Donnie while he continued to work in the engines. The rest of us were waiting out of the way. We kinda didn't want the same thing happening again and if it did, we'd already be away from the machine. "Hey you guys hear that?" Mikey asked. "Hear what?" Mikey hushed Raph and Donnie stopped working on the Battle Shell. Footsteps were heard running this way and we hid ourselves and the vehicle away. "Raphael." A voice was heard from the outside.

I took the liberty to look outside, seeing a familiar form. "It's that girl, Angel. What is she doing here?" I looked to the others. "Why don't we ask her and find out?" Raph huffed and we all went outside. Donnie presses a button that raises the door and the lights of the Battle Shell were on. Mikey's idea. He's one for those comic book theatrics. "Whoa." She looked up at us while we walked into the lights. Raph went up to her, crossing his arms. "Alright, kid. This had better be good."

Angel stood there, shocked at the sight of us. I can't say I don't blame her. I thought. She shook her head and began explaining. "It's Casey. The Purple Dragons got him and"A mixture of guilt and panic formed on her face. "It's my fault he got in there." It hurt inside to see someone like her hold guilt. Now I know how Splinter and my brothers felt. We looked to each other and nodded. "Alright. Lead us to him and we'll bust him out." Leo instructed. Angel nodded and thought for a moment before snapping her fingers. "I've got an idea. Wait here." I'm certain that the others were just as confused as I am. Just what the heck is she thinking?