He just kept telling me it would be ok, I would be ok- and he wasn't going to let anyone hurt me.

He was still trying to reassure me when the police were hand cuffing him and dragging him away from me. He kept telling me I would be ok. I was safe.

Why?

Why did he do that?

Why did he reassure me like that?

Why had he stayed on the foot path holding me, letting me cry into him? He should have ran.

Now because he stayed- he is being charged and my words will send him to prison.

I wanted so badly to reach out to him. My lawyer told me I wasn't allowed to. But that still didn't stop me, I pulled on every string I could trying to get an address for him or a number- but I just came up blank. It was like he was a ghost.

I knew Dad was talking to me, but I couldn't listen to him- he most likely was telling me off for not listening to his stock advice. But my eyes and attention were on Nathanial Chambers.

The ringing of the doorbell snapped me out of my stare and bringing me to reality.

No one used the doorbell.

Because my parents never let anyone visit the house. No one got past the gates.

Unless you count Hayden. My face soured just thinking about him. Dad didn't move to go to the door, my parent's house keeper was currently being held up by my mothers latest craze which was cleaning the security cameras.

And where was my mother?

Getting Botox in her lips.

"I guess I'll get it." I muttered as the doorbell went off again.

I haven't been able to sleep- let's say the guilt of sending a good man to prison kept me up all night.

My hand landed on the door handle and I opened the French door. I couldn't even fake a smile. I was so weighed down by my situation- by what I was going to do to Nathanial Chambers life. I didn't know if he had a wife, but I knew he would have some type of family and because of me he was going to be away from them for the rest of his life.

My eyes went off the ground and then I immediately thought my lack of sleep had kicked in. God. I was hallucinating. I knew the drugs I was on were powerful. I knew I also was relying on illegal drugs as well. Weed caused hallucinations. And clearly I smoked more of it last night than I remembered.

"Scarlett Shaw, right?"

My eyes widened, to the point they couldn't get any bigger. Since when did hallucinations talk? And look so fucking real? I blinked. He was still there. I closed my eyes again, this time waiting a bit longer and then opening again.

And Nathanial Chambers charming blue eyes were staring back at me. I opened my mouth, but I didn't know what to say- was this really happening? How did he find me? How was he here right now? Why was he here right now? All these questions were racing through my head so fast I couldn't actually form one of those questions into a sentence.

"I'm sorry to turn up like this." A frown appeared on his face and his hand went to the back of his neck. "I know I'm not meant to see you and I didn't come here to try and get you to lie or anything. I came here to...." His words dried up, as his eyes ran up and down me- then locking with my eyes.

He was nervous. Right now. I could see it in his eyes. The way he was scratching the back of his neck, and rocking from back to toe. He was nervous.

I just kept staring at him- like he was about to disappear. To be honest I didn't think he was really here. I honestly think I've stared at his picture in the paper for so long that I was imagining this.