Well....Hello There

Start from the beginning

"Awww thank you baby," I murmured kissing his cheek with a smile. It quickly fell and a worried look passed over Brantley's face as tears gathered into my eyes. "Ben told you didn't he."

"Yea," he said brushing the loose dark hair away from my face giving me a sad smile. "He did. One of the reasons he had hoped you would be able to come to us. We could all do something fun to take your mind off it. I know you miss them."

"Six years," I said sniffling. "And I still want to pick the phone up every time I get a new part, or something happens to make me sad."

"I can only imagine baby," he whispered gruffly tightening his grip on me as he picked me up putting me on his lap. "Just don't forget that I am here for you."

"I know you are B," I said softly as he wiped a tear off my cheek. "Damn, I have missed you."

"Trust me," he said kissing me lightly the tracing his lips softly over my cheek down to my neck. "I know. Sometimes talking on the phone makes me miss you more."

"I'm sorry," I whispered. "I should have....." I was cut off when a yelp slipped past my lips as Brantley sank his teeth into my shoulder then lifted his head to narrow his eye at me.

"Cassie," he grumbled. "Don't you dare apologize. Your career is not any less important than mine. There are some things, no matter how busy I have been the last few months, that I can say no to ok. If you need me, there is not an interview or anything like that more important than you."

Sooooo....." I said giving him a sassy smirk and wrapping my arms around his neck. "If I need you during CMA week you will drop it all huh hotshot."

"In a heartbeat baby," he whispered giving me a hard kiss. "Rather be in your arms than walking a red carpet any day. And speaking of that I have a favor to ask of my very beautiful and talented girlfriend."

"Uh oh," I murmured tugging on his necklace. "You are kissing ass so must be a big one."

"The CMT Awards are in a couple of weeks," Brantley said giving me a wide grin. "I would be very grateful if a certain beautiful lady in my life would walk the red carpet with me."

"Awww baby," I said pinching his cheek. "That is so sweet that you are taking your Mama with you. She will be so excited!"

I had been home in March and he'd taken me to meet Mama Becky. Lord, I loved that woman already. I had only really had one boyfriend in the past during high school and we had known each other since kindergarten so I had never really done the whole meet the parents thing. I had stayed too busy since to really date since I had gotten older. She had armed me up giving me a big hug saying she had heard all about me from Brantley and Ben. Then kicked B out of the kitchen so she could get to know me.

"Cass.." he growled pushing me back on the couch as I laughed. He braced his arms on either side of me glaring playfully. "I meant you darlin. Last I checked, your schedule was wide open for a few weeks in June."

"Hmmm..." I said tapping my chin in thought. "I dunno.."

"Cassandra Nicole," Brantley murmured narrowing his eyes at me and sliding his hands down to my sides. He poked his lip out at me making me giggle. "Please baby."

"Welllll...." I said with a smile and patting his cheek. "If you are gonna beg, I guess so."

"I wasn't beggin woman," he grumbled sitting up and pulling me with him. "But if you aren't ready for something like this I get it darlin."

"Brantley," I said standing up to go put my street clothes back on. I paused halfway across the room to look back at him. I am more than ready for it. "This is a part of you. Give me a minute to get dressed and we can head out. I don't want to see this place until Monday night!"

I came back out a few minutes later in the Braves t-shirt, jeans, and flip flops I had worn to set this morning. I was in the middle of pulling my hair up in a messy bun and I paused in the middle of what I was doing to glance over at my smiling boyfriend who was sitting there looking at me.

"What?" I asked finishing up and grabbing my phone and bag as he stood up off the couch to walk over to me. He wrapped an arm around my waist and placed a soft, slow kiss on my lips making me moan in the back of my throat.

"Just thinking how damn lucky I am darlin," he murmured then stepped back lacing around fingers together. We made our way down the hall to the front door of the studio.

"You staying with us B?" I asked leaning into his side as we walked.

"I can," he said looking down at me. "Or I may have gotten Ben to get in touch with Kelsey to send you a bag over to my hotel."

"Even better," I said standing up on my tip toes to kiss his cheek. "Come on. We'll go grab some burgers and I'll show you one of my favorite spots on the beach out here."

"Baby...." I heard him mumble as I stepped away from him to shove open the door. I paused under the awning looking out at the stormy weather that was blowing through. I placed my hand on my forehead and winced. I completely forgot it was supposed to storm all weekend.

"Shit," I muttered. I felt a pair of arms wrap around my waist pulling me back into his chest making me sigh. I needed it this more than I knew.

"Or," he murmured kissing my cheek softly. "We can head back to the hotel, order some take out, and you get some rest. Don't think I cant see how tired you are."

"B..."  I whined. Ok, I was a little worn out. Between this movie, starting this new series, and flying back and forth to see him the last couple of months, I was a little tired.

Brantley stepped around me to hold his arm out to flag a taxi down then turned his head to narrow those piercing green eyes at me. Damn, could he look any sexier right now since he was all in protective mode.

"Don't even try to argue Cass," he sighed. I nodded my head and walked up to him to bury my head in his chest. He's right. This right here is what I needed right now.