Chapter 2

It was the last day of school. The teacher said

" Have a nice holiday" and everyone ran home. Everyone except me, I walked home instead. When I got home my mom was waiting for me on the front porch. She was carrying our suitcases and looked ready. Ready for anything, everything. When I went inside I realized something weird. The house. It smelled like flowers, like the ones I examined before. The natural, fresh smell, the one I hadn't smelled in years. I looked around my room, it was empty, the only thing the mover people left behind were flowers. The ones I picked. I ran into my mom's room, which was mostly empty. But for some reason, there were flowers there too. There were 3. They were living in the corner. Looking dead and dried up. They looked more dead than alive. They looked sad like no one wanted them. It was like looking at a cute kitten, walking up to it and realizing it's a lion when it too late. Then one of the flowers moved. Then it moved again and somehow it bit me.

"OOOOOOUUUUUUCCCCCHHH" I shouted. My mom came running up the stairs.

" Are you ok?" she asked, I smiled stupidly and walked out of the room. It was so weird. How was it possible? Was the flower supposed to move? I went into the room with the best Li-Fi and got out my laptop. I searched "Moving Flower". The screen turned black. The battery was down, of course. I hadn't charged it in a week. " Honey, are you coming down?"

" Ye mom, I'm coming" I shouted. I got my bag and hurried down the stairs.