Chapter two *part 2*

The walk to your houses were almost never silent, either filled with your laughter or Richies inappropriate jokes.

By the time you were at your house tears were in your eyes from laughing so much.

Today was different though.
It was silent, Richie wasn't cracking his usual jokes.

"Is everything alright Rich?" You asked.

He turned to you and shook his head.

"No... My Report card wasnt the best this year, and you know how my Dad is with that stuff, hes gonna freak I just don't wanna go home" he said staring at his feet.

Richie and his Dad had always had problems.
Some nights you could hear the yelling the doors slamming and on worst occasions Richie would barge into his room after with tear stained cheeks, but you would always be waiting for him at your window to cheer him up, I guess that's the plus side to living next door to your best friend.

"Don't worry Richie, I'm here for you" you say glancing towards him.

He looked up at you for a split second and smiled.

On the outside Richie seemed like a tough kid, it was the way he spoke and act. Richie wasnt afraid to get up close and in your face if he needed to, but on the inside he was fragile, weak even, but you only saw that side of Richie "Trashmouth" Toizer.

You both aproched your houses.

Richie stood there for a second staring at his house, anticipating the trouble he would be in when he step foot inside.
"Dont worry Rich you'll be fine, and if not ill be at my window" you say pulling him in a hug.
"Thanks y/n" he says getting you go.
You watch as he walks up the small stone steps to his home and walks inside.

You turn away and walk across his lawn towards your house.

His car was there
Your heart nearly stopped.

Everyone had family problems. except for you, you didn't have a family to have problems with.
Well you had a Father.
You didn't like to talk about him.

Your mom died when you were six, a car accident on her way back from work. A truck driver fell asleep at the wheel and tipped the car over crushing your moms car killing her and another driver on impact.

The bastard driving the truck lived.

Your mom was the only hope you had growing up, she would feed you buy you clothes, food and care for you all by herself while also being abused. Your dad refused to help cook or clean. He would hit your mom and abuse the both of you, always out or getting drunk, and after your mother died it got worse, way worse.
It wasn't just physical abuse it was mental, he would scream insults call you worthless a mistake.

No one knew, not even Richie.
Not even Stan.
Not Bill or Eddie.
No one.

You took in a shaky breath unlocking the front door with a key and opening it. You stepped inside and kicked off your shoes rushing towards the stairs trying to be un-noticed.

"And where you think your going miss"

You flinched just at the sound of his raspy voice.