18: The Unexpected News

Now it's the third period which is Mr Johnston's class which I have the same class as James, Edward, and of course the new guys. I took my usual seat near the window where I can always stare at the clouds and form it in shapes in my mind. 

" James?? " Shawn yelled. My eyes snapped to him from the window, catching my attention. 

He turned around to look for the one who shouted his name. When he make eye contact with Shawn, his eyes widened, which driven my curiosity more. 

" Shawn? What the hell are you doing here? " James questioned him. They both did the bro hug and me, yeah well, I'm feeling lost.

" Am I missing out something here? " I blurted out. Both of them looked at me with a blank face, and I just shrugged my shoulders. " So is anyone telling me how you guys know each other? " I cocked an eye brow, still waiting for my question to be answered. Still tapping my foot impatiently. Waiting and waiting for about ten seconds and he finally speak. 

" Jade, Shawn here.. " James pointed to him, " Is my girlfriend's brother. " 

" Jane's brother? But I thought you told me that Jane was not from this town? " My eyes drifted from James to Shawn. " That's what puzzled me too.. So, explain. " I waited for Shawn to answer his question, when I realized that his question is being directed to me when I saw both of their eyes looking at me. I pointed to myself with raised eye brows. " Me? What do I have to explain? " 

" How did you and Shawn met? " He crosses his arms over chest like a police interrogating me.

" Ask him. " I point to Shawn accusingly. 

" I asked you. " He insisted. Looks like all my friends are stubborn. 

I let out a sigh. 

" Long story short, it was a year ago at a park when I'm resting my eyes at the park. So him and two other boys, Ravier and David, were playing basketball. And the ball basically hit me when I can't hear them warn me because I was wearing headphones listening to my music. And that's how we met? " I answered that ends up to be in a questioning tone. James seems to be satisfied with my answer and gone back to talking with Shawn, which seemed to be private as he dragged his ear out of class to " talk ".  I heard him say, " Where the hell is Jane? I miss her so damn much.. " I smiled, wondering how Jane would look like if I met her or when James introduce her to me. 

I went back to my seat, and laid my head down on the table as I rest. Something shuffled next to me which was disrupting my nap, I groaned. I look up to see the person which surprised me. 

" Blake? Since when were you in this class? I thought you were Miss Hamelton's ... " Blake is always  in the other english class 2 rooms down from mine. 

" Why can't I? I just want to see my best friend.. " He show me that one billion dollar smile that reveals his white straightened teeth. Lifting up a worksheet that shows the transfer of class, listing that it's approved. I smiled back. I admit that it hurts when he somehow friend-zoned me, but as much as I love for him to be mine, I would never ever do anything to break this friendship. No matter how that word leave a bile taste on my tongue. Hey, it's better than nothing, right? 

 I turned my head back down to not let him see my hurt expression but unfortunately, class happen to just get started.

Poke.

Poke

Poke

I shifted in my seat. 

Poke. 

Poke. 

Poke