4

A Few Days Later

As soon as I got home, I walked over to the liquor cabinet in the kitchen

As soon as I got home, I walked over to the liquor cabinet in the kitchen. Jordyn had left a note telling me she'd be home late in the evening.

Grabbing a bottle of scotch and a glass, I quickly put some ice before pouring my drink. This drink was well needed after it sunk in that it was my anniversary date.

"Fuck..." I groaned as I finished my drink. I poured another one before grabbing my phone. Unlocking it, I saw her picture on my phone. I went through my contacts until I found her name. Taking one large gulp, I dialed her number.

It rang once. Please pick up. Twice. c'mon. Third time.

"Hey Wayne..." she greets me softly. I could remember the last time we talked exactly. It was January 3rd, and it was one of her weak moments she said. Said she was seeking comfort in my voice.

"Hey baby, did you get the flowers I sent?" I wasn't reluctant even with our situation to call her my baby, because no matter what she'll always be just that; my baby.

"I was just looking at them before you called, they're beautiful. Thank you. How are you?" She asked. If I didn't know her, I wouldn't know she'd be sitting at the foot of the bed with her knees to her chest with one of my shirts on; but I do.

"I could be better...baby when you coming back home?" I wanted to know now, I could care less about the small talk.

"Wayne..." she sighed. "I'm not ready, I'm still finding myself again. You understand that? Well I hope you do."

"Yea but I miss you. Can we at least see each other? Coffee, lunch? Anything will do. I'll even let you pay if you want too."

She chuckled, "Still taking some getting use to that, for the both of us. But I would like that." Relieved, he sighed, "Happy Anniversary as well."

"I was waiting on your call. You were always late but you never forgot." She told me and I should work on that. "Happy Anniversary to you as well."

"Lydia, I ran into Jordyn early this week."

"How is she?"

"She hasn't been getting any rest and working late hours at work. I think it'll affect her schooling. I let her move in as along as she agrees to focus on school." I told her.

"She's got a good head on her shoulders. I gotta call her soon, but she'll pull through. I know she will." She said sounding truthful.

"But I gotta go...it's getting late and I have work in the morning. Good night Wayne."

"I love you Lydia."

"Love you too Wayne."

After I took up the offer to move in with Dwayne, he managed to convince me to quit my job

After I took up the offer to move in with Dwayne, he managed to convince me to quit my job. He was right though, I was stressing and pushing myself too far. No need to be stressing now if I didn't have to pay rent every month.

I still went in to finish my last week of work I was scheduled for. I held the values my dad taught me very dear, so I kept my word and did as told.

"We're going to miss you around here Jo." My manager said to me.

"I'm going to miss your constant yelling." I smirked. She glared at me but let out a light laugh.

"In all seriousness, thank you for the opportunity to work here." I said to her.

"You're welcome. You're welcome back anytime you want your job back." I thanked her once more before heading out of her office.

As I walked out of the diner, I said bye to my coworkers. Most of which had made plans to hang out in the near future. I knew everyone had busy schedules so I wouldn't be mad if they decided to cancel last minute.

Once I was done, I finally made my way back to the house. I looked at the time and saw it was nearly 9 in the night.

As I made my way to my room, I heard Dwayne call out to me. I turned my attention to him, and asked if he needed anything.

"Join me for dinner will you?" He asked me.

"Sure, let me shower and change into some clean clothes." I said to him.

"Alright, I'll see you in the dinning room." He said to me. I agreed and went off to my room.

I went straight to take a quick shower. The stench of fast food faded and Japanese cherry blossoms took its place. Once I was done, I wrapped the towel around my body so I could look for an outfit.

Part of me wanted to look good for him. The other just wanted to stop with these thoughts that filled my head.

Finally I settled on a cute skater skirt, and a thin strap shirt. I quickly changed into my outfit, and then did my hair. I wasn't one for make up, so a nice hairdo always fit best.

When I was done, I walked out of my room and made my way to the kitchen. There he was cooking some sort of meat on the stove.

"Jordyn...you look great." He said as he eyed me up and down.

"Thank you." I could feel my cheeks turning red.

"It should be done in about 10 minutes." He said to me.

"Want me to help with anything?"

"Can you set up the table?" I nodded and went to get the place settings. By the time I finished setting the table, he was done cooking. He fixed the two plates for us, and grabbed a bottle of wine.

"Hope you like it." He said to me. I looked at the food in front of me.

"It looks delicious." I smiled before digging into the piece of steak. It was medium rare just how I liked it.

"Handsome and a great cook." I said as I took another bite of the food.

"That's not all I'm good at."

"Thats good to hear."

"So how was your day?" He asked me as he poured the wine.

"It was good. Just glad I no longer have to work late hours just to make ends meet." I said to him.

"That's good. Now you can focus on other things."

"Exactly. Which also means more time for myself."

"What do you plan to do now with your free time?" He asked me.

"Hoping I can find a way to fill my time." I saw him lick his lips.

"Alright." He nodded and we continued to eat.

By the time dinner was over, I helped him clean up. I placed the dishes in the sink, while he put the left overs away.

"Thank you for dinner." I said as I turned to face him.

"You're welcome." He walked closer to me. I looked at him as he filled the gap between us. Without a single word, he leaned down and kissed me. His lips moved against mine with such hunger and force I moaned into the kiss. His hands gripped my waist pulling me closer to him, while my arms wrapped around his neck.