Giving the beautiful man in his arms a squeeze, Tommy chuckled. "I miss you everyday..." He began. When he let his words trail off, Christopher chuckled, leaning back just enough to meet Tommy's eyes through his own disheveled gold bangs. "This is the part where I'm supposed to tell you no." Christopher said with a tired smile. 

Tommy offered a boyish grin of his own at Christopher's words. He knew that the man wouldn't allow him to get out of the bed, even if he so desperately wanted to take a simple shower or pee in the toilet instead of the catheter he had been forced to use for far too long. When he lifted his worried gaze from where it had settled on the blanket in his lap to Christopher's eyes and saw the smile lighting them up, his mouth dropped open and hope finally flickered in his belly. 

"I'm a horrible doctor but when a patient is miserable, it can affect their ability to heal, so..." He looked away, licking his lips. 

Tommy reached out and grabbed the man's face, then yanked him forward until their mouths collided a little harder than he'd intended. He felt Christopher's hand on his thigh as the other man caught his balance, but he didn't even try to pull away. Tommy eagerly furthered the kiss, slipping his tongue between Chris's lips. The heart monitor grew in tempo, spurring Tommy on. He was just about to lean down, pulling Christopher down right beside him, when the other man reluctantly pulled away. 

Licking his lips, Tommy forced himself not to grab for Christopher again, but he was struggling. "We have to be careful about this." Christopher said when he managed to catch his breath. Tommy swiped his tongue along his lips two more times before reigning himself in enough to grudgingly nod. 

When Christopher leaned back further, moving to sit on the edge of the bed, Tommy followed without a second thought. His chest hurt a little with the unaccustomed movement from having been stuck in bed for so long, but he didn't let it show on his face. This was his chance, and he wasn't going to blow it. 

"I know you're worried that I'll tie you down if you show any pain, but please, I promise I won't overreact, but you have to tell me if you hurt at all. Please?" Christopher said, his voice nearly pleading. 

Tommy couldn't even consider trying to hide what he was feeling anymore. Christopher was giving him a chance, but wanted honesty. It was the least he could give the man after he'd looked after him for so long and stayed by his side. 

"Okay. It hurts a little, but nothing anywhere near being really painful like before." He said as he carefully slid himself to the edge of the bed and let his legs hang over the edge for the first time in weeks. Just having his feet on the carpet, the change of texture, was a relief. 

He remained seated quietly for several minutes, taking inventory of how he felt and how well his muscles handled his body. When he felt that he would honestly be okay trying to move more, he looked at Christopher and grinned. "Can you get these machines off of me? And for god's sake, the catheter out?" 

The sound of Christopher's laughter lit up Tommy's eyes and he leaned over, pressing a kiss to the man's cheek. "I love you." He wasn't sure if Christopher had been really awake the last time he'd said the words, but he wanted to make sure that he heard them as much as possible. 

He wasn't surprised when Christopher just blushed and gave him a peck on the cheek in return. Tommy didn't expect him to say it right away. He was a complicated man with a lot of stress on his shoulders, committing to a relationship after all of the crap he'd been dealing with over the past month would be hard. 

"Alright, let's get the ball rolling as best we can, hm?" Tommy said, his tone cheerful, because honestly, he was. This was his chance to show that he was healing and could be trusted to start doing normal things again.