Part 3

I drive and get onto the highway. Maybe I'll go west. California? Sounds good. I lived in Wyoming so I don't have to go all the way across the country.

Eighteen hours later

I'm in LA. Woah it's crazy. It's 2 p.m. I need a place to stay. I park in a gas station. Maybe now is a good time to look at the folder. I open the folder. I find cash adding up to $5,000 and a note. All my important paper work is here too.

Dear Poppy,

We are so sorry to say this but we just couldn't keep you any longer. We were sick of you. We could've still kept you but we didn't want you.

Sincerely Bob and Sue

Ouch.

I pull my phone out and look up places to rent. There's a small beach house in Malibu. I call the number listed.

"Hello!" A lady answers.

"Hi, I'm calling about the beach house that's available for renting." I say softly.

"Oh lovely! Would you like to come see it?" She asks.

"Yes! I can be there in an hour and a half." I say putting the car in drive.

"Do you have any questions?" She asks.

"Uh how much is it?" I question.

"Well about $1500 a month." She says.

"It would be less but there is a nice stretch of beach included." She says.

"I'll most likely take it." I say.

"Okay! Can I get your name sweetheart?" The lady asks.

"Yes. Poppy Harris." I say.

"Okay Ms. Harris, I'll be here waiting!" She says.

"Thank you!" I say hanging up.

I can for sure pay for 3 months at this place. Hopefully before then I will have a job.