Part 2

Now thirteen years later, I still live in the brick house with the people. My name is Poppy. Like the flower. I have red hair and freckles. I am 5'3". Right now I'm on my way home from a run.

"Poppy dear! I have something for your mother!" The neighbor lady yells.

I jog over to her and she hands me a basket of cookies and baked goods. I smile kindly at her.

The lady placed a handwritten note saying they were from her and that we could keep the basket.

I smile and nod.

"See you later dear." The lady says going inside.

I walk the rest of the way home and set the basket on the counter.

"Poppy! Did you have a good run?" My mother asks.

I nod and point to my room. She smiles and nods.

I don't talk. I can. I just don't. Maybe it's because of my real parents and how I would get yelled at for being too loud or talking too much. I was homeschooled by my mother.

I flop onto my bed.

"Poppy you need to leave." My father says.

"Huh?" I mumble. Now seems like I should actually talk.

"You are eighteen. We can't keep you any longer." My mother says.

"You have to been gone by 8 tonight. You have 1 hour. You can take your car." My father explains.

I nod and pull out my duffel bag to start packing.

"We have a folder on the table that you need to take." My mother says as they leave.

I shove as many clothes as I can fit in my duffel bag. I put my laptop in my backpack along with 2 books and my drawing stuff. I put my blanket and Fuzz on top. I fold up 2 other blankets and carry everything downstairs. I throw 3 pairs of shoes in a plastic bag and slip another pair on. I grab my long board out of my closet.

"I'll put your stuff in the car." My father says picking up the bags.

I quickly put the folder in the back pack.

I sling my purse over my shoulder.

I carry my longboard to the car.

"Goodbye dear." My mother says embracing me.

I nod.

My father waves and they go inside.

I start the car and back out of the driveway.

Where do I go?