Show Them Who's Boss

Start from the beginning

"What did you do?" Stein asked.

I straightened up as I shifted back and looked towards them. "I showed him who's alpha." Well, I'm not one, but it feels great to show them who's boss.

Sara came up and knocked Jax out cold. "We should really get going though."

"Not without Jefferson. Or whatever's left of him," Stein said.

》》》》

Stein injected Jax and the rest of the kids with the serum he and Gideon made. Good, we don't need those freaks of nature running around scaring little kids.

"We would never have had the slightest chance of saving him were it not for you," Stein praised Snart.

"Let's not get sentimental. Another minute, and things might have gone down very differently," Snart said. I scoffed. Sure, they would have.

"Winter Coat, you're heroness is showing," I teased.

He glared at me. "You really need to stop calling me that."

I picked at my nails. "I'll stop when you stop." We heard a little beep and looked towards Jax, who's reverting back to his old self. I smiled as I patted him on the shoulder. "Welcome back, Feather Beak."

》》》》

You know when a mission is accomplished we move to the next time, but no Ray, Kendra, Jax, and Sara had to say goodbye to a few people. I was looking out the window waiting for their return. I heard someone walk in the main room and I didn't need to turn around to know that pine scent.

"How did you find us?" Snart asked.

"I caught your scent," I said without looking back. "You weren't hard to find."

"And here I thought you were worried about me," He smirked as he stopped next to me.

I rolled my eyes. "Oh, please, you're just an asset to the team. We already lost two of our teammates, I'm not about to lose another one."

Snart nodded before he sat down. "Care to explain that roar."

I gave him an annoyed look. "Why?"

He shrugged his shoulders. "Just trying to figure you out."

I sighed. "Just because we were nice to each other for a minute doesn't mean I need to tell you everything. Especially about things that can harm me."

"Like wolvesbane?"

"Exactly."

"So you'll save any information about your kind to yourself and Rip. What if Savage has his own little wolf up his sleeve?"

Why is he so interested? "We'll cross that bridge when we get to it. All you need to know is that wolvesbane can harm us."

"What about a silver bullet?"

Not this rumor again. "No. Now if you keep on asking me questions then I'm going to rip your spine out, understand?"

He sighed, but nodded nonetheless. "And you wonder why I call you Claws."

I flicked one claw out and ran it down his arm. "And you wonder why I call you Winter Coat." We stood like that for a while again. What's with this comfortable silence? "I believe a thank you is order. You know, for not killing Jax when you had the chance."

"Like you said. We're just an asset. Stein, Rip, Ray, and I are the brains. Sara, Kendra, and Jax are the brawn."

I raised my eyebrow. "And where does that leave me?"