of rotting hopes

Asgeirr awoke. It wasn't as usual. He was surrounded by warm, wet air, that let his long blonde hair stick to his forehead. He was laying on the ground, surrounded by the wet, strange grass he had already once seen. The air was filled with the humming of countless flies. He tried standing upright, fighting against his broken left shoulder. When he finally managed to do so, it was not the expected seer that mustered him, but a titanic, bloated figure, surrounded by mist and flies, illness seeping from it's very skin. "Look what we have here, children! A guest, mayhaps he took the wrong door? Let us see...", the disgusting hulk shouted in a booming, yet jovial and cheerful voice, that could be felt as a vibration in the ground. The hulk slightly leaned down towards the Norscan."I am the one your people call the crow!", proclaimed the bloated figure "otherwise known as grandfather Nurgle, Lord of disease and plague, most ancient of us four, and father to the desperate!". The crow stared at Asgeirr in a way, that signaled him it was his turn to introduce himself, although he doubted that the crow didn't know everything already. "I am Asgeirr, son of Hrolfdan, from the tribe of the Jytlings, and I have come before you to take away the sickness you have stricken me with!", it sounded more confident than Asgeirr actually felt, as he stood before the god of plagues. This air was ever more just feeling like honey, sweet, thick and wet. Nurgle, as he introduced himself, stared at Asgeirr, rather entertained at the mortal little man that was either brave or stupid enough to make demands, while in the realm of a god! "You then, Asgeirr, son of Hrolfdan, of the Jytlings, are under a false assumption, little mortal. Whatever affliction you suffer from, is not one of my wonderful little creations." Nurgle let the mortal know, who obviously was startled at this revelation. "My brothers and I have been planning a little field trip for our children,"Nurgle said, more to the thousands of little green creatures surrounding him than to Asgeirr,"and you, mortal are a child of that plan!" he continued with a large grin, revealing sharp, long, filthy teeth. "Go, mortal, go play in your plain of reality, find my always scheming brother, he surely already awaits you! Farewell, mortal, I am sure you have questions, but those can wait for another time, come visit me again, I'll prepare something special for you then, and please bring your purple flaming friend along!..."and with a thousand such words the rotting realm faded away into nothingness, leaving Asgeirr rather confused and irritated at their friendliness, as he slipped away into darkness.

Well what do you know, a encounter with Nurgle himself! A part of the mystery has been revealed, leading us towards a shady old fellow, whose intentions cannot be fathomed. So far, so good,
~Otto