SACRIFICE

I had already posted this story on another forum... This is the first time I am writing on wattpad...
Hope you guys will enjoy it... :-)

                          ----------------------

 SACRIFICE

Shivaay buried his face on Annika's shoulder, held her waist and closing his eyes he stood still. Annika wrapped her hands protectively around his neck and kissed his hair. Shivaay tightened his hold on her waist. He wanted to scrap away the whole day scenario from his mind. He was angry...angry on self... How can he let this happen... He is SHIVAAY SINGH OBEROI and SHIVAAY SINGH OBEROI can do anything then why was he so helpless when his dadi's  dream was burning down to ashes infront of his eyes...

Remembering about his helplessness...His rage on himself reached another level. He wanted to punish himself.

Sensing his stiffness, Annika ran her fingers on the nape of his neck and caressed his hair with the other... Shivaay calmed under her assuring touch... Annika gently came out of the hug and cupping his face, she kissed his forehead ever so lovingly.

Setting his disshelved hair, smiling, she said,Aapko pata hai mere Shivaay na.. The Great Wall Of Shivaay Singh Oberoi hai...Har baar woh apni family ko bachane ke liye saari musibat apne upar le lete hai. Unhe apni chor ke baaki sab  ki fikar Rehti hai... she  said while opening the buttons of his coat .Aaj bhi unhone yahi Kiya...apni family ko bachane ke liye unhone saari musibat apne sar le li she said while looking in his eyes.Aur uske Baad bhi khud pe gussa ho rahe hai...pata nahi kyu...

"Pata nahi kya hoga unka...she said dramatically moving her hands in air.

He faked a smile. She removed his coat and placing her hand on his cheek she pecked his lips. "Aap jaake fresh ho jaayiye. 10:30 baj gaye hai... hamare O'bros aur O'bahus aate hi honge and kissed his tired eyes tenderly. Both smiled.

He went to the bathroom to wash his face, grabbing a towel he came out and saw Annika was not there. He sat on the bed resting his head on his hands. The sight of the burning factory was being played repeatedly on his mind. He Got up, gulped a glass of water and went towards dadi's room.

Dadi was sitting on the rocking chair thinking about the long eventful day. Shivaay went inside and sat near her lap. He took her one hand in his both hands. She smiled ,still her eyes closed. Shivaay passed a faint smile.

Annika, Om-Ru, Gauri and Saumya saw Shivaay heading towards dadi's . They followed him.

"I am sorry..he said in a low voice, careressing dadi's hand He looked up at her with defeated eyes. Dadi opened her eyes and placed her free hand on his cheeks. "Dadi, mujhe pata hai yeah project Dadaji ka Sapna tha...Aapka Sapna tha...aur mai ...mai isse pura nahi kar paya..he said looking down not able to meet her eyes.

"Chaar saal pehle jab aapne mujhe iss project ke bare me bataya tha tab Maine aapse waada Kiya tha ki mai iss project Ko pura karunga... I ... I am sorry... aapse Kiya hua waada mai pura nahi kar paya He said in a cracking voice.

Standing at the door, their(Annika, Om-Ru, Gauri and Saumya) stomach churned seeing THEIR Shivaay in this vulnerable state Now they understood what they considered as a MERE project was not a MERE project for Shivaay. They understood why Shivaay was this much affected by the burning of their series of developing factory which they thought was just another set of factories which belonged to the huge Oberoi Empire.

Dadi smiled at Shivaay, ruffling his hair she made him look at her.Puttar aaj jo bhi hua Usme teri koi galti nahi hai...woh aag...

"Nahi dadi, sab meri galti hai... I should have been careful... He interrupted. " Shayad... Shayad mai aapke bharose ke layak hi nahi tha... He said and tears formed in his eyes threatening to fall.