four • perfect match

Začít od začátku

Baekhyun, on the other hand, found himself in a trap. He knew that if he tossed to either Junmyeon or Yixing middle blockers on the other side would easily read it. He needed a new strategy.

"Park!" he called out, tossing the ball directly where he knew the boy would jump.

Without thinking, just by hearing his name being called, Chanyeol jumped instinctively. In matter of seconds his eyes scanned the opponent's side in search of best angle to spike, and just before his hand touched the ball he found it, slamming the ball with all the force he had.

He landed, his eyes still glued on the ball that rolled over from the court after it was slammed down.

Everyone's eyes were darted at him, and his gaze was now locked on Baekhyun.

"Nice spike, Chanyeol!" Junmyeon hugged him and Yixing tapped his back, but Chanyeol and Baekhyun were still in trance, staring at each other.

I'm a part of the team now, he thought.

He's a part of the team now, Baekhyun realised, snapping out of the trance and turning away his gaze.

"We still have third set to play, don't be so thrilled." he said, walking away to the bench.

Chanyeol smiled to himself, being the last one to stand on the court.

It finally felt right. It felt like belonging.

* * *

"I'm sorry for the other day." was the first thing Baekhyun said when he heard Kyungsoo's voice again.

"I didn't mean it like that."

"I know you didn't." Kyungsoo's voice sounded honest and reassuring. "I'm the one who should apologize, anyway. I won't bring that up to you again."

Baekhyun said nothing.

Pink Floyd played silently somewhere in the background.

He was grateful that he got a chance to talk to his brother once again, even though it was just temporary. He was afraid of getting too attached to his voice.

He was afraid of Kyungsoo leaving again.

"Hey, Soo?"

"Yeah?"

"How long do you think this would last?" he asked.

"Well, it depends on you, Baek. How long it will take you to forget me and move on?" Kyungsoo asked in soft tone. He didn't want to be harsh with Baekhyun.

He did nothing wrong, after all.

He just grieved after his brother, and that wasn't a sin. It wasn't wrong.

But forgetting to live was.

"How could I forget you? Especially now that I'm talking to you again?" Baekhyun's voice wasn't so stable anymore. It shivered as he felt a knot tie in his throat.

"But this isn't real, Baek. I'm here to help you move on. You're still alive. You're still out there, and life's waiting for you. Graduation, getting married and having kids. Traveling. All the little things in everyday life that make you happy. Like a kiss from someone you like. Or a perfect toss, or your favourite chocolate cake. It's all there, Baek. You'll have to let me go someday."

Baekhyun barely noticed the tears rolling down his cheeks. For the first time after Kyungsoo's funeral, he let himself break down.

"It's okay, I'm not going anywhere yet. I still have to let you go through all that process."