Chapter 37

After the "Hollywood" activity we split, and I go to the lobby with Agnes. We sit down on the red armchairs, and for some fifteen minutes we're just talking about everything. Agnes is so fun and sympathetic that I feel like telling her anything she'd like to know.

- Greta's scene will probably be the best. She and Christian are pretty professional. – I have an urge to tell Agnes all my doubts about Julia and Christian. What if Julia wants to get the guy?

- Yeah, and Julia was very convincing either. Did you see the way she was staring at Christian? I had a feeling she'd be able to eat him up! – Agnes adds.

What!? I try to calm down and speak with zero emotions in my voice. Well, it was her role. She had to entice him.

Agnes grins a bit and sighs abruptly. But Christian! When I glanced at him, I understood that the boys, who say "I care only about the girl's inner world", are nothing but terrible liars! Christian was staring at her boobs and butt ALL THE TIME, even when the scene was over. And she enjoyed attracting his attention, I think...

- WHAT!? – I can't take it any longer. Have I lost him already!? – She's such a bitch!

I can't believe I'm swearing out loud. I'm usually very calm (at least on the outside). Agnes seems a bit uncertain. – Hey, are you okay?

- No! Why would I be fine if she's trying to steal him from me? – I spit it out without even considering if I should tell this.

Agnes manages to surprise me. – Hah! I already had a feeling you liked Christian!

I shush Agnes. – Hey! He might be here!

- Okay. But you have to tell me now how you fell for our one and only Chris the Rapunzel! – Agnes wants to know.

- Chris – who? – I don't understand Christian's relevance to a Disney princess.

- "Rapunzel" stands for "rampion", which is a plant similar to spinach. Spinach is green – the colour Christian's hair used to be dyed. – To be honest, Agnes's explanation makes sense. – My classmate, who liked him some four months ago, came up with "Chris the Rapunzel".

It's interesting to find out other girls have fallen for Christian before. Three days ago I still had no idea something like this could happen to me, but miracles do happen, people!

I notice Julia at the other side of the lobby. She's alone and she's walking toward me and Agnes.

***

I look at Julia extra sceptically right now, while she's walking closer – she has straight hazelnut brown hair, long and athletic legs, flat belly, REALLY impressive push-up bra (I believe its size is C or even D) and dimples in cheeks. I could never draw such a straight line with eyeliner as Julia has done it – her make-up is flawless. She's wearing a pink blouse with laces and tight white jeans. Julia has a tattooed phrase or quote on her collarbone.

To be totally honest with you, if I were a boy, I guess I'd also fall for Julia. 

Yes, the girl really has a model's body. What can I do about myself that I don't look as perfect as Julia does? Julia inevitably wins, when talking about appearance. But the real question is – is she perfect on the inside, too? BUT – I couldn't be perfect either... could I?

Julia doesn't stop to talk to me, but she just smiles at me, waves and says "Hi!". I imitate her actions to be polite, and then, when Julia has walked some three steps past us with Agnes and when she is only five metres away...

I shout at her. – MAITA! Viņš ir mans!*

*("Maita" literally means "carrion" in Latvian, but we use this word as an insult for a woman, quite similar to "bitch" in English. "Viņš ir mans" means "he is mine".)

Julia doesn't understand a word, of course, so she doesn't even look back at me, because she's probably thinking I'm talking to Agnes (shouting at Agnes, to be precise).

Only when Agnes reminds me that Latvian and Lithuanian are two very similar languages, I get suspicious that perhaps Julia suspects what I've said. However, if she does, I hope she understands I won't give up. Two girls can't have the same guy, and there can be only one winner. And as long as Christian is available, I'll continue fighting to get him.

When In Slovakia aka Chris The RapunzelOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara