Happier

A/N: Hello! Thank you for giving this book a chance and reading it. This is more or less a spur of the moment kind of book (the song really really played with my feelings I just had to do this XD) but I hope you enjoy this one-shot!

•••••

Wind blows past, leaving a chilly trail across his nose. Wind that was way too cold this early in winter. Tsukishima Kei's lips tugged downward in distaste. He doesn't like winter. He doesn't like the cold. He doesn't like the chilly wind that blows and make autumn leaves scatter. He doesn't like seeing those leaves twirl like mini ballerinas in the air, landing somewhere, near a bench— a significant bench— where two people sat upon. He especially doesn't like how it reminds him of something...

~

Walking down 29th and park
I saw you in another's arms

~

... Something he lost.

~

Only a month since we've been apart
You look happier

~

The blonde turned tails, heading instead towards the crowded town square as he purposely avoids the park. His hands were curled into fists in his pockets. He wasn't perfect, he makes mistakes because he's human, but that doesn't mean he had to be reminded of the biggest one he had done. No, he doesn't want to see those leaves. He doesn't want to feel the wind. Tsukishima doesn't want to see them especially— he doesn't want to see him smiling the same smile at someone else, on the same place as he did Kei. He doesn't want to see them sit on that bench the same way they did. Kei doesn't want to see the smile on his face, because he knew it's way brighter now than how it used to be before.

White blankets covered the roofs, the streets, and the trees. They glow under the first rays of sun that peeks through the clouds. Kei puffed out a breath, walking down the sidewalk wrapped up in a coat and a scarf. Winter may be cold, but the sight it leaves behind was something not to be missed. It was something a certain someone loved so much.

~

Saw you walk inside a bar
He said something to make you laugh

~

He turned down the corner, stopping by the pedestrian lane of which the light is red. The sun's glare made him avert his gaze to the side. Eyes wandering, the blonde caught a glimpse of familiar dark green hair on one of the windows on the other side of the street. The owner's eyes were squinted in laughter, cheeks flushed red, and a new scarf wrapped around his neck like a brace to protect him from the cold. These little things made him so adorable, and no matter how much Kei tried, he failed to convince himself otherwise.

~

I saw that both your smiles were twice as wide as ours
Yeah, you look happier, you do

~

Then the brunette sitting across the table reached out and took the other's hands in his.

The light turned green. Kei crossed over to the other side and continued off home.

~