II

"Lies and secrets, they are like a cancer in the soul. They eat away what is good and leave only destruction behind." -Cassandra Clare

•REN•

It was a triple fatal accident. Their car had gotten t-boned and it rolled three times. Has had begun leaking from it, and caught ablaze from the sparks. The bodies were not recognizable but the license plate identified the vehicle as belonging to the Wells family. The man who hit them walked away with no injuries, just minor bruising.

The funeral ended half an hour ago. I was standing about one hundred feet away from the grave sites standing atop a hill. Tara still stood by the three grave sites. The three sites had been freshly buried. Tara just stood and watched the entire process. I wasn't going to rush the young girl. I was going to give her as much time as she needed.

 I was going to give her as much time as she needed

I'd brought two of my sons with me. The two oldest. Jace, the oldest of all my children, stood next to me watching Tara as well. They hadn't met yet, and I wasn't going to force it on her. I heard and smelled people coming up behind us. The first was Jarrett, my second oldest and my only Alpha child. He stood next to his brother and watch the girl as well.

"There's still no sign of them, Ren." Ethan said, standing on the other side of me. My boys said nothing. I was taking the lead on this.

"It's odd to me that not one of them would show for the funeral. Especially the funeral of such an important member." I said, crossing my arms over my chest.

"Maybe they thought we'd show up?" Jace questioned, glancing at me.

"No, I don't think she even knows about them." Ethan said. He glanced behind us, make sure we were alone here.

"She doesn't. Otherwise she would know what we are. Which she doesn't. This is their stomping grounds, their home base, they wouldn't have cared if we were here or not. They still would have come for us if they were here." I had many thoughts going through my mind as I said this.

"Sabine's upset. She'd hoped Nicole would come around before something like this happened." Ethan shook his head. They'd moved here shortly after Nicole and Brad did. We always had eyes on them.