Chapter 25: Remembering An Old Sun

Start from the beginning

That's when I met her.

"You're going to break your toe if you keep that up." I heard a voice call out to me in concern. I looked towards the source and saw a girl that looked around my age standing about ten feet away from me.

 I looked towards the source and saw a girl that looked around my age standing about ten feet away from me

I glared at her. "It wouldn't be the worst thing I've gone through." I spat at her, but she didn't pay any mind to my rudeness and only looked at my exposed arm, which had some pretty nasty scars showing.

She ran up to me and started to run fingers around my scars. "What happened to you?!" She exclaims in horror. I forcibly tore my arm from her fingers.

I looked away. "Why do you care?" I softly asked with a hint of bitterness.

The only person that actually cared about me was Desiree and someone my age actually talking to me was foreign for me.

She looked at me in surprise. "Well, who wouldn't after seeing this?" She then narrowed her eyes and looked at me carefully. "You look familiar. Aren't you the prince?! What are you doing in a place like this?!"

I glared at her. "I can come here if I wish and I'm not a damn prince." My head went down in frustration. "I'm just a prisoner."

She bended down to look at my face as I was still facing downwards. She had an unknown emotion in her eyes, then she suddenly stood up straight and stuck out a hand with a big smile.

"Want to be friends?" I looked up at her in shock. F-friends?

I scoffed and turned away. "I don't even know your name."

Her eyes went wide before she laughed. "That's right! My name is Elaine! It's nice to meet you!"

Flashback end

I looked to the ground after I was done beating the dummy.

Elaine.

Even though I was only 10 at the time, Elaine showed me what love felt like. She...she understood me better than anyone else.

At the time, she was the sun that shined brightly in my dark world. Even brighter than Uncle.

Tears filled my eyes. Elaine. I'm so sorry!

I felt a hand on my shoulders. I turned around and saw the old man with concern in his eyes. "Are you okay?" He questions me softly.

I nodded gratefully. "Yeah, I'm fine. By the way, I'm going to walk to school with Iida, Izuku, and Uraraka."

He nodded. "Okay. Breakfast is on the table. We're having French toast."

I grinned. "Thanks, old man!"

"Your welcome." He fondly smiled back.

I ate the French toast and it was amazing! The old man might have a promising future as a chef.

I started to get my stuff together for school and took a nice, long shower.

20 minutes later, the doorbell rang, so I got my stuff ready and opened the door. I saw my three friends and started to leave with them.

"Bye, old man!" I called out.

"Bye! See you at school!" He responded back and with that, I left.

We all started to talk about what the final exams might be.

Uraraka faced towards me. "Did Aizawa-sensei tell you anything about it?" She asks me with a hint of plea.

I shook my head. "Nope. The old man would never give me an advantage in anything. Trust me." They all looked disappointed at my answer.

I gave them a big smile. "Don't worry, guys! No matter what anyone throws our way, we'll just crush it in the end!"

They smiled at the end of my mini speech and they all looked a bit more confident than before.

That's right. No matter how much I'm put down, I'll keep standing back up. It's how I survived all these years, after all.

To be continued...