Party

I just want to thank you guys for all your support. It never fails to put a smile in my face.

Happy Reading :)

**********************************

I could not believe my eyes all my family and friends were before me. I seriously have the best group of family and friends ever.

Before I can even thank the group before me, they all engulf me in a giant group hug.

After a minute of laughing and hugging, they all wander off to different spots around the room.

Izzy grabs me in her arms and pulls me close.

"Happy Birthday Clary!" Izzy whispers in my ear. I thank her and giggle.

"So, how was your day with loverboy?" Izzy asks with a knowing smirk.

"It was amazing. I can't believe he went to all that effort just for my birthday!" I exclaim gleefully.

"You deserve it, girl. After all you and that boy have been through yee deserve happiness." Izzy tells me with sincerity oozing from her tone.

"Thank you, Izzy. All I want now is happiness and serenity." I tell Izzy.

******************************

Around 8 o'clock the parents leave. I am ready to just chill out in my pyjamas with my friends. As I'm heading upstairs to change, as my mum dropped my stuff here when she came for the party so I wouldn't have to go back and get them, Izzy calls my name.

"Clary! Where are you going?" Izzy questions with furrowed eyebrows.

"I am going upstairs to change, I don't have to make an effort with looks when I'm just hanging with you guys." I tell Izzy smiling.

"Clary, there's and after-party darling!" Just as Izzy finishes her sentence the door opens.

As this part of the institute is unsanctified an assortment if downworlders and shadowhunters pile in the door. I recognise very few of the people coming in.

"It's a party, Clary! Go find Jace and have fun" Izzy tells me before walking off to talk to a seelie knight.

I trek through the swarm of bodies to the other side of the room and see Jace chatting to another shadowhunter around our age.

I walk over to Jace and tap his shoulder. He turns around and puts and arm around my shoulders and kisses my cheek.

"I was looking for you, Fray!" Jace tells me with a wide smile.

"Well I'm here now" I assure Jace nuzzling into his side.

The shadowhunter he was previously taking to clears his throat, snapping Jace out of his trance.

"Oh, I almost forgot! Clary this is my friend Rian. Rian this my girlfriend Clary" Rian extends his hand for me to shake and I oblige.

Rian has light brown hair and blue eyes. He is tall but no too tall, well-built , as he's a shadowhunter, and is not hard on the eyes.

"I am pleased to finally meet you, Clary! Jace never shuts up about you" Rian tell me laughing. I laugh as I see a red tint on Jaces cheeks.

"I met Rian here when I was living in Idris. Rian moved to New York last week, and is going to be staying here in the institute" Jace tells me smiling.

I smile at their friendship. Jace is a great guy, but he's not particularly friendly, so it's nice to see Jace befriending someone who he is not related to.

"Well, Jace I am gonna leave you and Clary to go get a drink and catch up with a few other people I know around here. We will be living in the same building so I look forward to seeing both you and Clary more." Rian tells us waving goodbye.

"See you around, have a good night Rian" Jace tells Rian.

"Nice meeting you, Clary" Rian hollers while walking away.

"You too, Rian" I reply, and genuinely mean it. Rian seems like a good guy and I can't wait to get to know him.

"So m'lady. Would you like to dance?" Jace asks me in a fake British accent.

I laugh at his terrible accent, but agree to his offer and let him take my hand.

I haven't danced much since back in the nightclub when Jace was tethered to Sebastian. I felt on top of the world at that moment, but this moment right know definitely tops it because I know Jace is himself.

Everybody on the dance floor are dancing very close to each other and moving vigorously. I copy and out my airs in the air as Jace moves closer to me.

Before I realise what is happening, Jace's lips are on mine. Some say you get used to being with your significant other but every time Jace and I touch it feels like the first time. I know for a fact I will never get used to having Jace all to myself.

I lose my sense if time while kissing Jace. Our kiss is broke off when a woman knocks into me pushing me to the ground.

All I can hear is the woman apologising and Jace shouting at her, and telling me to keep my eyes open. The last thing I see before my eyes droop closed is Jaces face.

*****************************

Sorry for this short chapter, just wanted to introduce Rian and add a few Clace moments.

Anyways, enjoy the rest of the weekend.

Love Always,
Katie ➰