Chapter 3- Getting to Know You

Start from the beginning

"Oh, I'm Hera and you are?" she said

"Ezra, Ezra Bridger," he said before he turned to me.

"And what do I call you? Master Pony-Tail?" he joked. I almost choked on my jogan and crossed my arms and I DIDN'T POUT! Though Hera and Ezra's stifled giggling said other wise. He then started digging into his jogan like he hasn't eaten in days. That's when I realized that Ezra is the first kid I've met since I got here. He was almost half way done in several seconds which showed just how hungry he was. At first when I met him I thought he was just another street rat, but now seeing that he helped us through that base, giving us a place to stay and hide and giving us the very few food he has, when he really needs it more. Me and Hera were half way done, but Ezra almost made the entire thing disappear. He then stopped and looked up, his face and the area surrounding his mouth, was heavily dyed in purple juices. Me and Hera giggled at this as I went over and grabbed a piece of my robe and cleaned his face up a bit. When I was done he looked up at me in surprise, I smiled and pat his head and sat next to him. I looked around his... hideout?

"Nice hideout," I said. He then looked down and saw what I think was sadness before he lifted his head back and said.

"This isn't a hideout, it's my home," he said bluntly. I felt shock cross over my face and saw the same on Hera's. She then calmed down and asked another question.

"Where are you're parents youngling?" she asked. I then saw something glisten in his eyes. Tears.

"They were killed, by that Pau'an," he said, the tears now flowing down his cheeks, his lips quivering. Hera and I looked at each other and then back to Ezra. Then Hera wrapped her arms around Ezra, holding him in a tight but soft embrace and then I joined in, hoping to hug the bad out of his life.

Ezra P.O.V

It felt so weird these people who I just met were holding, no, hugging me. I couldn't remember the last time I've been hugged. I snuggled in the holding, enjoying the warmth they gave off. Then I felt something that I never felt in years. Safe, happy and...loved.

Hera P.O.V

I kept on hugging Ezra. Hearing that he was an orphan broke my heart. Even though I never wanted to let go of him I, unfortunately, had to.  I separated from him and so did Kanan. I could feel the sadness from Ezra.

"So Ezra how long has it been since your parents were..." I trailed off not wanting to go back to the fact that his parent were gone.

"It was about 8 years ago," he said. That left me in shock. 8 years. Nearly 8 years of being alone on the streets, no one took him in.

"Wait you said that Pau'an killed them?" Kanan said. I shot him a look.

"Yeah, I can still remember him just, staring at me. Standing over my mothers body and there were two others and... and," he said fearfully. He then started breathing heavily and quickly, until I realized he was hyperventilating! I then grabbed him by his shoulders and shook him.

"Ezra calm down! He's not here!" I shouted, though it barely got through him. Then Kanan got up and placed his hands on either sides of his head. Soon enough, Ezra was calming down. Until finally he had normal breathing again.

"Are you alright?" Kanan said worriedly. Ezra nodded and Kanan went back to sitting next to him.

"So what did you mean by two others?" Kanan said.