eight

"okay, would you rather die or—"

"die."

"hwitaek!" jinho squeaked, lightly smacking the man who simply shrugged— wooseok laughing hard as he stepped back. it was good they were almost closing.

"you worry me!" jinho frowned, clearly not finding anything funny.

it had been close to a month— and hyojong was still absent. gone without a trace from hwitaek's life and it had taken a toll on him. hwitaek was lethargic almost in how he moved through life now, sinews tired and ready to give up so he'd sob where no one else could watch him.

"that's weird, you're not worrying about me for once." wooseok spoke, once he finally calmed down with a swig of his water.

"oh i am— you and hyunggu are a worrisome pair."

"why is that?" the younger snorted, hopping up on the counter top and hwitaek didn't have it in him to scold him for it.

"he told you he wanted to fuck another guy and you encouraged him!"

"hey, bros encourage bros!"

"you're dating!"

"...i mean, i think we're in an open relationship but the guy is fucking hot i want him too. maybe a threesome?"

"shutup! don't say more!"

"he broke his arm and it's finally off its cast now and we're both just sort of— lurking."

"stop talking!"

"he has a deep voice, really fucking hot."

"...say more."

"he has high cheekbones, he's tall, fit, and even dances."

jinho paused. "okay, fine— fuck him, date him, whatever."

wooseok smiled smug. "he's in one of our classes and he's the awkward type. like i've seen him dig his hipbone in a chair top and he didn't even wince."

"wait, in class— how old are you again?"

"legal."

jinho bit down on nothing. "hui, i'm going to hurt him."

"don't hurt the baby." hwitaek warned flatly.

"when did babies become so annoying?"

"when did adults become so short?"

"hui!" the elder shouted.

"wooseok! we do not talk about height in this store." hwitaek pointed a finger, and he felt so dead.

"yet we can talk about my boyfriend's dick?"

the two eldest looked at each other.

"...how's the piercing doing?" jinho raised an eyebrow.

"great! still feels good up my ass. you ask that every week, jinho."

----

a/n sorry if this is short n too much dialogue i just need a small period before the story keeps going. and uhhh im thinking of publishing a xiuyeol book ?? its so underrated ?? AND AND AND GUESS WHAT ?1?1 love is dead lmao im single again if anyone is up for me sobbing a river down their shoulder.