"Are you okay?" He asks me, the first time he's spoken since he stepped into the room.

"Yeah, I'm good." I reply. "That's your dad, huh?"

Aiden nods. "Yeah."

"He seems tough." I say.

"He is. He just wants what's best for me, that's all." Aiden says standing up. "Come on, let's get you back home. You've probably had a long day."

"You can say that again." I say, standing up and following Aiden out of the interrogation room.

Diggy stands up when we walk out and walks over to me. "Are you okay?"

"I'm good." I say. "It's Fiona that I'm worried about. I shouldn't have left her that day."

"Don't do that." Diggy says, wrapping an arm around me and leading me outside. "Don't blame yourself."

"It's hard not to." I say, and Diggy gives my arm a reassuring squeeze, and it makes me feel a little better.

I still can't help but wonder if Fiona is still alive.

«•»

That night, I get out of the shower, seeing three missed calls from my mother on my phone. I immediately call her back, and she picks up after one ring.

"Simon," She says. "You're Safe aren't you? You aren't caught up in this mess that Fiona is in are you? They're closing Wanda's shop. She doesn't know how she's going to make ends meet anymore. Gosh I just don't know what I would do if I lost you please tell you aren't caught up in all of this mess."

"Mom, calm down." I say. "I'm not in it. I'm safe. I promise."

"Good." She says. "Good."

"You don't have to worry about me, mom." I say, which is technically a lie. There's always the looming threat of Diggy's father. "I'm safe."

"Okay." She says. "Is Diggy staying with you tonight? I would just feel better if he was."

I walk out of the bathroom and back into my bedroom. Diggy is already in the bed, shirtless and looking delicious, his arm folded behind his head and the remote in his other hand as he flips through channels.

"Yes, he's here." I say. "I couldn't convince him to leave."

He looks at me and smirk, winking at me. I playfully roll my eyes and smile.

"That's good." She says. "You take care of him, do you hear me?"

Take care of him? I hope she means feed him and not what it sounds like.

"I'll be sure to do that." I say, trying to veer from that topic.

"I love you, Simon." She says. "You and Diggy have a good night."

"You too, Mom." I say. Then we hang up.

I crawl into the bed and lay on top of Diggy. He groans under my weight and I playfully hit his bare chest.

"I'm not that heavy."

"You slick are." He says.

I roll off of him with a pout, turning my back to him.

"Awh, did I hurt my baby's feelings?" I hear him say, then I feel his hand on my arm, and his lips on the back of my neck.

I ignore him, though I can't deny that I'm enjoying the feeling of his lips on the skin of my neck.

"You not going to talk to me now?" Diggy asks, kissing down my shoulder. "That's okay. I'll have you talking real soon."

Diggy rolls me over on to my back and then moves to hover over me. I don't look at him, but he takes my cheek in his hand and makes me look at him, then he's kissing along my neck.